1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Several tough problems...

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by jchien, May 12, 2007.

1. jchien

jchien Member

I have an 80gb iPod video. First problem, ever since I bought and installed Cubis 2 on my iPod, random songs in albums won't display my album artwork that was there before. Second problem, about 3 weeks later, the first song in an album will be put to the end of the album. I have done NOTHING!!! I baby iPod... I treasure it more than life itself (j/k). This sucks, cuz I am super obsessive compulsive about album artwork and order of songs. It is ridiculous, but I need help in the worst way. Problem 3, I have a media center computer, and I can record TV in the media center program. I was wondering if there was a way I could convert the TV programs into a MPG or AVI so I can convert that into MP4. Or if there is an easier way, that would be uber as well.

2. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Okay I'll help you one at a time:

1. For the album art, is it in iTunes under those songs that don't have it on the iPod?

2. Not sure about the song order, but whatever order it is in in iTunes is what you will have it in on your iPod (when it comes to playlists).

3. You have to find a program that will convert your Media Center files into MPEG-4 or a program that will convert them to something MPG, AVI, DivX, etc., so just google it. There are many out there, so just pick one.

3. jchien

jchien Member

It would have been more convenient for me if you would have just told me the programs... that is kind of the reason I posted here, because I am at a loss.

The album artwork always used to display on my iPod, now, it randomly wont on certain songs. The song order has always been right, now it isn't.

I appreciate the help, but if you are going to post, please actually help me and don't throw a bunch of crap in my face that I already know. Under ,"jchien" it may say newbie, but I am by no means a newbie when it comes to iPods, but this is frustrating me...

EDIT - I really respect you Jazo, but I am just frustrated right now, so please forgive me... You are amazing dude!

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  4. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

We get alot of noobs around here, so it's hard to tell what's what anymore. That's why I cover the obvious first before I get into the more complicated things. But I see what you're saying.

Have you tried deleting the album art for the songs that aren't showing up and then re-adding it?

5. jchien

jchien Member

No, I haven't tried that yet... I am extremely reluctant to delete anything because I have so much of it (around 6500 songs). I was kind of hoping for an easy solution, but if worst comes to worst, I will restore my iPod. Real quick questions, is there a free program out there that takes copies songs back to your computer from your iPod that keeps the play counts and ratings? I found a program that you can buy that does that, but all the free programs I have tried won't. This frustrates me... many things do... you are my only source!

6. jazo132

jazo132 Guest