1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sh**ty ADSL...

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Sudds, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Sudds

Sudds Active member

What is it with BT?
    Why dont they get off their arses and LLU enable exchanges out here in the sticks?
    Newry was been enabled since 2008! Granted its a town but for f**k sake 2011 maybe 2012 is when we are due to be switched on!
    Sick of having to deal with lagging issues when gaming online and surfing the net is way to slow even though am on broadband... 384kbps upload 2meg download, crap, and paying 18 quid a month for this sh*te....

2. BIFF0

BIFF0 Regular member

My folks are with eircom in the sticks in Eire and they're paying a fortune for 1mb but speed test shows it's really only 0.1mb which I doubt even qualifies as broadband. You should look into getting satellite broadband. The installation is very pricey but you'll get a decent speed.

3. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Tellin ya Biffo, our country is way behind on speeds...
    Think our neighbours across the water are in the same boat...

4. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

There are still a lot of places with DSL that slow (my grandparents live in a community that does not even have DSL or 3G...their only option for internet is dial-up).

Personaly, I can get 40mbps download, but only like 2mbps upload, and I think that is bad.

5. jjziman

jjziman Member

Heck i guess i am lucky. At home the basic package from my cable co is 1Mb Up and 15 Mb down. With options up to 5 up and 50 down. Now at work i can get dedicated fibre. This is rural North Dakota. Lucky me.

6. Sudds

Sudds Active member

jjziman, you are lucky mate!
    Even with our expected date of upgrade, we still wont manage that type of speed!
    FTTC hurry the feck UP!

7. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Yeah...very lucky. Those ***holes at verizon refuse to bring me fios, even though the community across the street got it over a year ago.

8. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

I'm kinda lucky i got a fast connection.stayed with my mum for 6months before getting my own house and she lives about 100kms out of the city and theres no broadband where she lives.satellite is an option but set up costs is $1200 minimum and even then the speeds not that good.hated having to use her 36kb/s dial up internet.