1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shadow ops: red mercury back-up problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by thor999, Jun 17, 2004.

1. biff_40

biff_40 Member

Yeah I wished it worked of you too actor.

Are you sure that you IGR is set to off and that you saved your settings upon exit?

2. actorlany

actorlany Member

yeah i did that but ill check it again...
    so you're looped on that first screen
    and then you changed the igr to no
    and that was it?

3. biff_40

biff_40 Member

Yeah mine kept looping back to the loading screen. So I set the IGR to NO and that didn't work for me.

Then as soon as I deleted the dashupdate.xbe from the game it worked perfect.

Just remember that you either have to download the game to your computer then delete the file before making a backup

----------or----------

Save the entire game to your hard drive, then ftp to your xbox and open up the game, then delete the dashupdate.xbe that is in the game.

4. actorlany

actorlany Member

yeah, that's exactly what i did...

5. biff_40

biff_40 Member

Wondering what is different between yours, mine and nsa's game or system.

Strange.

6. actorlany

actorlany Member

not sure but im running
    xcuter bios
    and the latest evox...

7. dchou7

dchou7 Member

When you remove dashupdate.xbe from your backup through ftp, make sure it actually gets deleted. Some programs wont take it off of the xbox for some reason. I used dvd2xbox and removed it from the HD backup manually. This fixed the problem (with the appropriate "in game reset" (IGR) settings turned off.

Thanks for the initial posts on solving this prob.

8. ozy

ozy Regular member

I have
    evox 3935
    m8.bin bios
    princo dvd-r media
    backed up using flash fxp
    iso image maker v2.0
    burnt using recordnow max.
    I also deleted the dashupdate.xbe (52MB) and downloader.xbe (2.5MB) files
    Have had no problems at all. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2004
  9. callum7

callum7 Member

Hi, im getting my Xbox chipped soon and would like to back-up all my games so i don't lose or stratch up the orignals. But... i don't know how to make back-up copies of them... I can do DVD's and stuff but they don't back them up.

I would like a simple programme (like Games X Copy, but i have heard that has many problems) that shrinks the file and burns to disc in one prog.

Please help!!!

Thanks, Callum

10. biff_40

biff_40 Member

The best way to make a backup would be to ftp to the xbox download the game to your computer, make an xISO file of the game and then burn it to a dvd using nero.

------------OR----------

just get a bigger hard drive and use DVD2XBOX copy the game directly to the xbox hard drive.

11. callum7

callum7 Member

[bold]The best way to make a backup would be to ftp to the xbox download the game to your computer, make an xISO file of the game and then burn it to a dvd using Nero.

------------OR----------

just get a bigger hard drive and use DVD2XBOX copy the game directly to the xbox hard drive.[/bold]

Um, im a bit confused, i dont know much about all this stuff, what does FTP mean, and how do i put it on to my computer. Also how do i make a ISO file of the gameand how do i use nero to burn it?

Isnt there a simple prog to do it with...?

12. biff_40

biff_40 Member

There are no programs that will do it all, that I am aware of.

you would need FlashFXP, xISO for the programs then you would burn the image with nero.

If you do a search on this, there are excellent tutorials on how to do this.

One place is xbox-scene.com or x-b-o-x.net is another excellent sight.

13. Gestapo

Gestapo Member

Hoping someone can help me. I am running Xecutor2 and the UnleashX dash. There is no option in my dashboard for the IGR.

Any suggestions that may help me to this game running?

14. Gestapo

Gestapo Member

Well I finally found what my problem was, so I will share it in case anybody else has the same issue.

If you have a Xenium Ice with the v2.0 pre-release XOS, and you upgrade to a larger hard drive. All will seem to be okay. You will find that older games work fine, and the everything seems to be okay. If you launch to the MS dash, you will not be able to go into Network Settings or Live, the screen will freeze. You may also find that some of the latest games will not boot from the original disk. That is a summary of the symptons that I had, along with the backup issue.

So how do you fix it?

U need to format E: drive. Before doing this you will need to FTP the contents of the drive to a PC, then format the E: drive, and copy the contents back from you PC. Then all should be good.

15. seymoumm

seymoumm Member

I got a question. I have a modded xbox. Game loaded on there fine and plays fine, but on the main menu there is only the option for multiplayer or create a new profile. Am I just a moron or should the campaign mode be there also? Thanks anyones input would be appreciated!!!

16. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

Securd, you do rock man, had the same problem with dues x invisible war. It would hang before gameplay just like shadow ops, applied YOUR fix, disabled IGR and RD tools, works like a charm. Your the man!

17. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

Gestapo, why don't you get rid of that old x-disk unleash x installer. Upgrade to the new evox 1.0 installer. You'll be much happier. I know I posted this in the wrong section, but Gestapo needs to know.

18. seymoumm

seymoumm Member

Anyone sure why for Shadow Ops, when the game starts up it doesn't have the option to play campaign or 1 player, just 2 title screens: multiplayer and create a profile. It is on my hdd of my modded xbox. Thanks any help would be hot!!!