1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shaky video output

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by hamillp, Feb 26, 2007.

1. hamillp

hamillp Regular member

I am trying to burn a dvd from a canon dv video camera. I can transfer the video from the camcorder to the computer via my firewire but i notice that once the file is on the harddrive it has some scenes where the picture shakes. It is usually in spots where people are moving quickly (hand gestures, shaking a head). Any ideas what is causing this? I have burned it to a dvd and obviously the shaking problem is also on the dvd.

2. hamillp

hamillp Regular member

anyone?

3. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Difficult to judge what is going on, but I bet it is interlacing lines that you see. If you see horizontal line when playing your DV-AVI during playback on your PC? Don't worry: DV-AVI is just not very suitable to be shown on a PC monitor.
    If you als see them on your DVD played on a TV set, then you probabaly made a mistake when encoding where you must have switched the field order.

4. hamillp

hamillp Regular member

TPFKAS:

Thanks for the response. How would I have "switched the field order" and more importantly, how do I fix that?

It is horizontal lines but it is only in a few parts of a 1 hour home movie. Usually it is when one of the kids starts jumping around or something. It does not do it throughout the video just in a few parts.

5. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Strange if it happens only in certain places. Can it be that it is only visible in certain places (because of the fast movements)?

The field order chage must have happened when you encoded to MPEG-2. Check the software that you use and its manual if there is a setting that you can change.