1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharing VOB files online

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Sharlow, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Sharlow

Sharlow Member

Hi,
    I was directed here from another site, and told you people could help me with my problem.

I have recorded a concert off foxtel onto DVD, using my DVD recorder.
    I would like to be able to make this concert available free of charge to some of my fellow fans on a message board for this band.

I'm vaguely aware from my research that I need to convert the VOB files to something else and then compress them somehow so as to make it possible to upload these to a file sharing site. However I need to make it so that the whole hour and half concert is done as one file so that my fellow fans don't need complicated software to put it all back together again when they download it from the site.

HELP? I don't even know where to start with this. I don't even know if I've put this in the right forum lol.
    I'm just totally confused.

Thanks in advance for all assistance rendered.
    J

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

well the problem is you don't own the video of the concert that you got off of foxtel, you need to get permission from the owners of the music to share it on the file sharing site, it is piriacy of the owners of the concert and it is copyright infringment, do you understand what i am saying? you could get in a whole bunch of trouble, good luck