1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sharp DV HR 300 F

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by kennyhibs, Sep 5, 2004.

1. kennyhibs

kennyhibs Guest

Just got this dvd recorder for £299 here in uk

anyone tell me what the different letters mean at end
    i've seen u,h and my one is f

is it country codes?

kenny

2. mason_200

mason_200 Member

I don't know what the letters mean, but I would like to know if your unit has the Channel 55 to 60 problem. I know the units in the States have this problem. If you try to timer record channels 55 to 60 the unit switches from the channel to one of the external inputs. It appears to be a problem in their production run. Have to checked for this problem.

3. andyhuz

andyhuz Member

What`s your verdict so far? I`ve seen these advertised at Comet and I`m very tempted to buy but I`m a bit concerned as to the difference between the HR300F and the HR300U which all the reviews I`ve seen are based on. Can you see any difference in them?

Andy

4. kennyhibs

kennyhibs Guest

well got mine Tuesday
    connected my sky+ to it and used RGB leads with an optical cable for sound to connect to my toshiba tv

seem to be a little loss of sync when watching sky chanels through the sharp but then the normal chanels dont have this problem, will need to hunt the net for this.

Overall pretty pleased with it although i will do most of my editing on my pc but at least i will have the footage on disk without having to encode it

will report back when i have played some more

Forgot to add comet sent me the DV HR 300 H MODEL

KENNY

5. andyhuz

andyhuz Member

Thanks for the feedback. As I can`t seem to find any info on an "F" model, I have to assume that I would receive an "H" model too from Comet if I decided to buy one. Another concern I have is that there doesn`t seem any way to directly connect this unit to a P.C. for editing work. The workaround of course would be to burn to a DVD and transfer that way, but I would prefer to take the direct route if I could. Let me know if you find out otherwise, maybe via the firewire port.

Andy

6. fk121

fk121 Member

Just bought this from Comet. well impressed. Only downside is that it plays region 2 only. Is there any way that I have it upgraded to multiregion?