1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sheep 2... I think...

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by eyox1, Mar 24, 2005.

1. eyox1

eyox1 Member

I ran the sheep test on my drive. I burned the dat files using my Sony DVD RW DW-U14A. When I try to select any of the files (using My computer, etc) on the CD from this drive it will lock up the My computer program, and eventually my computer. But when I view the files with my other drive:
    Sony DVD ROM DDU1612, I am able to copy these files: bad.dat, sdold.dat, & sd251.dat, sheep3.dat failed.
    So does that mean my DDU1612 drive is Sheep 2, & my writer drive (DWU14A) is sheep 0? And if so will burning them on the one drive and playing them from my reader drive be successful? I have successfully burned and played games, just wondering if I should expect problems from this? Thanks.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The sheep ratings are only applicable to burners so your DDU1612 doesn't qualify for any sheep rating.

I'm afraid not since the key element in successful backups is being able to correctly write the protection back to the disc.