1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shifting background on .iso and .avi playback (Help!)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by esumsea, Feb 2, 2007.

1. esumsea

esumsea Guest

Hey Guys and Gals,
    I have been dlding movies for years and had gotten the codec thing down. Recently, though, I began to notice and old problem manifesting itself again: the dreaded shifting backgound (usually with darker scenes). When I first encountered this, I was able to tackle it by updating/upgrading my codec pack (I use the Klite codec pack). This did not solve the problem so I tried several different codecs (obviously removing the old one first) and players but the problem would not go away. I am really bummed about this and thought maybe you guys could point me in the direction of a solution. Could it be my video card? I have an ATI 1600pro with 256mb of memory, so I don't think it could be the problem, but that is the only thing I could think of.
    Let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Mario

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

What does that mean... shifting backround????????

3. esumsea

esumsea Guest

This means that the background moves very slightly and quickly to the left and right (or jitters) while what is in the foreground or lighted remains somewhat stable.
    Hope this clarifies what I am talking about.
    Thanks!
    Mario

4. esumsea

esumsea Guest

No Thoughts?

5. MysticE

MysticE Active member