1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shortcut to clear cookies?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by SbstnShaw, Nov 22, 2004.

1. SbstnShaw

SbstnShaw Guest

I run an internet radio program that offers a limited number of songs before it shuts itself down for the day. I have figured out if I delete all the cookies in IE's properties, then I can run it all day long. Out of a need for convenience, I'd like a shortcut on my desktop to delete the cookies without having to open IE properties and going through all that. I'm sure someone will have something on this.

2. Xian

Xian Regular member

Just delete the contents of your cookies directory - c:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Cookies
    You could create a batch file to do that and an icon for it.
    It's only 3 or 4 clicks to erase the cookies anyway - Tools Menu/Internet Options/Delete Cookies/Ok button

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

that works for xp not win9x

4. SbstnShaw

SbstnShaw Guest

Thank you Xian, but could I pester you for some details on how to create a batch file. Just this once, please.

5. CJC

CJC Regular member

You might want to Go into My Computer, then Control Panel, then Right Click Internet Options then Select Create Shortcut.

Now there is an Internet Options shortcut on the desktop.

All you would need to do is double click on that then click Delete.

A bit eaiser then trying to create a batch file if you dont know what your doing.

CJC