1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shortening DVD files before burning with Nero?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by godhead7, Feb 22, 2005.

1. godhead7

godhead7 Member

Ok, been using Pinnacle Instant Copy since I first started copying. Got a new PC and a copy of Nero OEM and decided to switch.

I use DVD Decrypter if the DVD is close to the max (ex. Dogboys and Z-Town is about 5G). When I used IC, you could go into each track and make adjustments to drop the quality of the video or languages to make the movie fit with menus and extras.

Can someone tell me if there is a way to do this with Nero 6? I checked for guides and did search for Nero but came up with nothing I could use. Will use Shrink if necessary but I usually don't like to do that if it is so close.

Also, when I go to move teh file into the Video file, the bar on teh bottom goes into yellow. Will Nero automatically adjust the video like PIC does or do I have to do something myself?

Thanks

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Rip the dvd to your HD with Decrypter and then open the files with DVD Shrink to edit and compress if necessary. The full version of Nero has Nero Recode in it which works like Shrink to edit and compress but I don't think it is part of Nero OEM.

Jerry