1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should guns be allowed in america

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by will9898, Oct 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. will9898

will9898 Member

im just starting this forum to ask everyone if they reacon guns should be allowed in america because in baltimore and LA gun crime is outragesly high

2. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

And this is related to gamecube very much...

3. windsong

windsong Member

Putting aside the fact that this is grossly off-topic, if you outlaw guns, then the only people who will have them are the cops, and criminals. What if an oppressive regime (think Hitler, Stalin, etc) comes along? Wouldnt you rather have a gun stored somewhere in case the SS come hunting for you?

Besides, outlawing guns is what dictators do best.

4. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Moved

5. Lildoggg

Lildoggg Member

Guns should be allowed in America only for hunting, and i fyou need it self defense. Including for rights of Law Enforcement Officers (police, FBI, etc.)

6. Glitched

Glitched Guest

Damn theres so many gun crimes in toronto now,I just went to toronto 2 weeks ago to visit my cousins and there was like 4 deaths in that week

7. DMW

DMW Regular member

Unfortunately there is one fact that will NEVER change.

If guns were outlawed in USA the criminals would STILL get them and STILL cause the same amount of gun crime.

The people who have their guns legitamatley <<bad spelling I know, aren't the ones going around doing drive-bys, holding up liquor stores and all the rest associated with gun crime.

I live in the UK and guns are a no-no over here, but that doesn't stop the criminal element getting all the guns they want, killing who they want and robbing who they want.

Granted, we don't have the same number of gun related crimes as stateside, but we are a "little" smaller :p

My 2 cents anyhoo.

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

the 2nd Amendment is the one that ensures all the rest. take guns away from felons if you want, but the typical citizen is entitled to the right to bear arms. i think if you want to carry a concealed weapon, you should be allowed to, as well.

if you respect the law, you'll follow gun laws. if you don't respect the law, you'll get guns whether they are legal or not. i believe that the gun crimes are a product of other problems in society, and the gun accidents are the results of irresponsible ownership, in which case that part of the human herd should probably be thinned for our own good, anyway. but that's just my thoughts.

9. Daniel_G

Daniel_G Guest

I have to agree with Auslander there, even if you outlaw guns, the real criminals will find a way to get them.
    I currently live in the Netherlands, where gun laws are very strict, and it's been estimated that there are more illegal guns (here) than there are legally owned ones.
    Firearms related crimes actually rise every time gun laws get stricter here, which is the best proof that outlawing guns is not the solution.

10. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Here's my 2 cents.

Here in Britain, guns to the general public are illegal, period. they allow hunters and farmers with their shotguns and of course the police have to have guns.
    Basically, though, if people need a gun (generally to kill someone) then they can get hold of one. but it is all done on the low. also you need a license over here to use any type of firearm.
    i think they should be outlawed. but hey, they never will be. it's impossible to curb.

11. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Here in ohio they passed a conceal and carry law a year or 2 ago. You have to go through special training in order to get the permit to carry a concealed hand gun. Handguns do nothing for me.

I am into the long distance varmint rifles and shotguns.More of your hunting guns. I get more of a thrill picking a groundhog from 300 + yards. Those suckers are dead before they hear the shot because I shoot at 4000+ fps using my 220 swift.

Here's an email that I cut out that my dad sent me last week,very amusing:

Subject: Doctors and Guns

Doctors:
    (A) The number of doctors in the U.S. is 700,000
    (B) Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year are 120,000
    (C) Accidental deaths per physician is 17.14%
    Statistics courtesy of the U.S. Dept of Health & Human Services
    Guns
    (A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000 (yes, that's 80
    million)
    (B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is
    (C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.001875%
    Statistics courtesy of the FBI
    So statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous
    than gun owners.
    Remember, guns don't kill people, doctors do.
    FACT:
    NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.
    Please alert you! r friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors
    before this gets completely out of hand!!!
    Out of concern for the public at large, I have withheld statistics on
    lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention.

Just my 2 cents worth!

12. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

i dont agree that any kid should be able to walk in the local walmart and buy a shotgun, but i dont think guns themselves should be outlawed. what we really need is for the laws already on the books to be enforced like they should be. i have guns, in fact i have alot of guns, and quite a few have no use whatsoever other than killing lots of things very quickly, but it's still my right to have them if i so desire. I have a right to defend my home and i will do so to the fullest. if someone breaks in my house and i'm home it's my choice to pop them with a couple 9mm rounds, or cut them in half with a storm of bullets from the AK-47, either way it's my home and my guns and since i'm the one holding it, not many people would argue the point. but thats not really the issue, the issue is kids that get caught holding up a liquor store with a .380 and they get probation or some other light slap on the wrist and then they go free. The need to nforce the damn laws we already have and address the people using guns for crimes, not punish the guns themselves or good people's rights to have them. guns dont kill people, people kill people. i could just as easily take a person out with a screwdriver or an icepick or some other common device. do we outlaw all the guns then 5 years later outlaw all knives, then 5 years years later we outlaw all wrenches and screwdrivers because they can be used as lethal weapons as well. no, the problem is with the people, not the devices they use.

13. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

14. tmfloria

tmfloria Active member

They just passed a Law in Fl that if you feal threatened by someone you have the right to shoot them... How scarey is that?

15. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

@saugmon,

wow, that one really hurt~! :)

then what does that make ME? i am a doctor [bold] AND [/bold] own several guns~! LOL so would i be public enemy #1 according to this "statistic" of yours :) LOL

anyways, i found this amusing as the statistics do offer the truth (in part), but in my case, what if i have BOTH OF THE AFOREMENTIONED traits above? *sigh*

docTY, maybe i should get a new name now...how about GunDoc? LOL

16. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

can't be gundoc as that is neph!

17. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

kivory - you could just be doc holiday, or Dr.Death, or Big Gun Brain Chopper, or some other creative gun/doc combo :)

18. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

ok, fair enough, then please give me a new name ddp, as you were the one who gave me docTY to begin with....inquiring minds want to know~ :)

19. Ustop

Ustop Regular member

You know what I think? Well... Actually I don't know what to think. I'm not into hunting but I do occassionly like to shoot a pistol or rifle. Its quite the thrill. (I try not to point it at anybody.) To think we have gotten to the point that we think we should take guns away from people cuz to many people r shooting each other. Pretty freakin sad. Truth is there is no solution or answer to this cuz really it should not be an issue. There r bad people in this world, (world not just u.s.) and with bad people cums bad things. It is negative to think like that, but Truth is negative.

20. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

@darthnip

"big gun brain chopper" ...wow, that one is kinda catchy, i really do like it~ :)

but, i've always had a liking to doc holiday, he was sweet in Tombstone (val kilmer as docholiday) :)

anyways, you know i don't post to the safety valve very much, but, i just couldn't let this one slide without my 2 cents worth~ :)

docHoliday~ i will use that to see how it works~ :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.