1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should guns be allowed in america

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by will9898, Oct 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

ok, Doc Holiday!!!

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

ok we got the doc part down, now for the holiday, arrrgggh he's doc holiday and he only comes out on halloween, avast ye matey's he'll stitch up yer dome and then steal yer bag of sugary booty!!

i'm still fond of Big Gun Brain Chopper!!

3. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

In my opinion they should be banned but since am not American am being pretty bios as i don't know what its like to live in a country were you can get a gun at your local Walmart, its all very good having a 2nd Amendment to protect yourself but what about those people that clam that right go into schools/shops/banks and start shooting, obviously making them illegal would not stop gun related crimes but it would stop banks giving you guns when you open a account.

4. xboxdevil

xboxdevil Guest

i think they should make the gun laws in usa stricter and try to clean up street crime a little more.i live in australia and yeah my neighbour has a couple of hunting rifle and i can get guns illegally if necessary but only 5% of people if that actually carry a gun(not including police of course) on them all the time and we are not allowed automatic or semi automatic guns here.i'd say at least 80% of people in USA carry a hang gun if not a bigger gun

5. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

p4, you don't just walk into a store and buy a gun, rifle, or pistol. You have to register, and a background check is done on you, before you can get that weapon.

It has been about 25 years since I bought any kind of weapon, but I think that the waiting/check period is like 3-7 days. I am not sure about that, though.

6. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

At Xbox: Where in the hell did you get those stats?

7. phraed

phraed Guest

I wish we did not even have to argue these merits of owning or not owning a gun. I don't want to own a gun. I don't want to have to ever use one again. *****BUT**** The police in my city cannot protect me in my own house, and I am responsible for the security of my family in the absence of any other protections. Therefore I have a gun, my daughter has a gun and my son has a gun. I hate it, but is there really an alternative? Great Britain, Germany, Australia even Canada have strict laws governing gun posession, but statistics prove it does not help.
    I used to live in Florida. In Miami, thugs would throw a tire onto the highway and when one stopped ones car, break your window and rob you. The day after Florida passed the law allowing you to carry a gun in your car, that particular method of robbery stopped instantly. It proves also that these crooks can read the paper and are quite informed as to what they can get away with and not.

8. huntr

huntr Member

The sad part of this discussion is that everyone is forgetting the fact that NO ban on ANYTHING has EVER worked. Every country that has tried to ban alcohol, drugs, sexual acts, or any of hundreds of crimes has never succeeded. The idiotic belief that you can legislate morality is the haven of demagogues, tyrants, and the feeble-minded. All you can do is set the rules, and punish those who break them. I think what scares most of the sheeple, is facing the reality of self-defense. Nobody can protect you but you. The illusion of "If nobody has guns, I'll be safe." is sad. Benjamin Franklin said "Those who would give up freedoms for the illusion of safety, deserve neither."

9. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

depends on the state there Bruce here in Indiana they have an instant check so you can get the gun the same day. and the states with the strictest gun laws have the highest crime rate being Washington DC.

2nd Amendment
    A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free
    State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be
    infringed.

this was written by our founding fathers and WILL NOT be changed by a bunch of liberial pricks

10. xboxdevil

xboxdevil Guest

i didnt get the stats from anywhere in particular its just a fact a lot of americans carry and own guns where as australias dont.

11. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Doc ty: It was just something amusing that I posted that email. I thought of your when I did so I hope you didn't take it hard and go postal, LOL

Dr.Death sounds like a good user name for you!

We have to have our guns, What else are we going to do with all this memosux media?

12. davidw001

davidw001 Regular member

If you notice, the areas of the US that have the strictest gun control also have the highest crime rates. There is a reason for this. If it is almost impossible for you to own a gun, no criminal would hesitate to come into your home. I spent almost 10 years in a smaller community in WV where everyone was either a hunter or shooter and noone made a secret of it. The whole time I lived there, I never heard of any crime worse than traffic violations. All these people were raised to respect authority, other people, and themselves. I believe the problems lie with the way people are raising and teaching their children. You cannot blame guns for crime, that is a major cop-out.

13. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

kivory, how about doc blaster??

14. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

Uh huh...and according to you over 200 millions americans have/carry guns (including babies) and only 1 million in Australia do??? You might wanna rethink those stats...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2005
  15. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

@saugmon

all in good fun~ i was just teasing~ :) it was a good read though...found it QUITE amusing... and i DO agree with you in regards to the Memosux media...by the way, my buddy Maxburn has a GREAT sig. pic w/ guns and his line beneath it is classic...re: CMC MAGS :)

@ddp

im sticking with doc Holiday at this point in time...perhaps next month i'll use doc blaster~ :) hehehe...or Dr. Death~ :)

@darthnip

you gotta hook me up with some of that "sugary booty" you mentioned earlier, can't seem to find any over here in CA~ *wink wink* if u know what i mean :)

16. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

I agree pretty much that, you should be allowed to have a gun for safety/hunting and stuff like that.

xboxdevil - I dont think i know anyone with a gun here in australia, except my friend who has a whats-a-ma-jiggy gun i cant remember the name but it shoots off those little metal things there like ☼ that sort of??

17. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

BB gun !!! you mean

18. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

does xboxdevil have a typical view of america from overseas? if so, i'm afraid many people are extraordinarily mis-informed, or watch too many old westerns.

19. xboxdevil

xboxdevil Guest

@saugmon i red your post and found it quite amusing.can you recommend any gun dealers that can give me free medical advice and write me prescriptions.as for australia we are not allowed to own semi automatic or automatic guns.i think bb guns are allowed and we need a license to own shot guns and hunting rifles.it still doesnt stop the lebanese bringing them in though.

20. ecknight

ecknight Regular member

i come from a place where everyone has at least a hunting rifle or a shotgun hanging in the back window of their truck and i personaly own dozens myself i am more into long range rifles for fun and hunting my personal best is 398 yards with rem 700 22-250 on a groundhog with a redfield 3x9 illuminator but anyway where i am from WV there is no question about weither or not we can have guns we just have them and in my county and surrounding counties gun crimes are very low maybee one or two a year roane county which is only like half an hour from the capitol

on a side note:
    my two fav rifles are
    Romak 3 (dragunov knockoff)
    Eagle Arms AR-10 Match

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.