1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should guns be allowed in america

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by will9898, Oct 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

BANG BANG!!!!!

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

how do you know it wasn't me doin' the shooting, ger? maybe i have...one hell of a sniper rifle stashed away XD

3. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

LMAO!
    These are street muggings and drug deals, not political assisinations (unfortunately LOL!).

4. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Their violent crime rates are way ahead of ours too. And, generally, rising very fast over the last decade, while America's has dropped like a rock.

Take a look at the violent crime rates in the "gun-controlled" places:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2001/02/23/ncrim123.xml

Notice how countries that mandate gun ownership - Switzerland and to some extent Israel - aren't even on the list, and rank the lowest in the ICVS violence stats.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  5. ireland

ireland Active member

ddp bang bang back to ye

Tiddly camera sees through clothing

I see that's not a gun in your pocket

By INQUIRER newsdesk: Tuesday 28 November 2006, 15:17
    RICH PERVERTS REJOICE, for there's new technology in town under development which may well be able to see right under clothing. Of course, it's designed for security purposes, but one can't help but ponder on privacy problems the technology could cause.

Researchers at Northrop-Grumman Space Technology are working on tiny little cameras which will be able to peek right through clothing and other materials to check blokes and blokettes for weapons or other dodgy goods. The technology's called passive millimeter-wave or PMMW technology, and will also be used to see through heavy clouds on rainy days, also for security and surveillance purposes, says the EE Times.

As it stands, the technology at the moment only provides "somewhat fuzzy" greyscale images, so it may not be time to worry about your bits and bobs being seen at every airport on the planet just yet. However, the researchers are trying to work on improving the image quality.

The blokes behind the technology are likening the technology to made up gizmos used in sci-fi flick Total Recall. The team will present more information on the technology at the International Solid-State Circuits Conference, or ISSCC, held on the 12th of February, 2007. ยต

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36018

6. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

I'm not surprised. Privacy is dead.

7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Remember these?

[​IMG]

8. ireland

ireland Active member

London pilots "future crime" database

11/28/2006 8:56:54 AM, by Jacqui Cheng

Five London boroughs have begun to use a controversial database that profiles high-risk "future" offenders as part of a pilot program for a larger database in the UK. The goal will be for the police force to eventually have a list of the 100 most dangerous offenders based on detailed psychological profiling, which they believe would eventually help to reduce crime by enabling them to keep a closer eye on high-risk offenders, and possibly even stop them before committing crimes.

link
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/47/295688#2582708

9. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

I don't know about the UK, but over here, those "high risk offenders" would probably get all sorts of special protections. You don't need any studies or pilot programs to know that ex-cons with multiple violent felonies are "high-risk". But we still turn 'em loose on society, well aware of that fact.

10. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Dunker...while I find the lying propaganda in the first line of your sig offensive to any american regardless of political party, I do agree with you about the releasing of repeat offenders.

Edit: and no, I'm not a democrat; I'm independent and have voted for both parites at one time or another but I think its time for a third.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2006
  11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i thought everything political was now off-limits on AD?

i thought ireland's posts was referencing violent youths that hadn't been imprisoned yet? am i wrong? i haven't had a chance to read the link.

12. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

The link referred to "high-risk criminals", indicating that they already had some kind of conviction and thus a track record.

I do know that there is abstract clinical psychological profiling that could be used to predict future (but not necessarily present) criminal tendencies, as well as a variety of other character traits. But that stuff is rather unreliable, unlike, say, someone with a history of drug offenses and armed robbery under his belt.

13. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I just hate that crap, that's all.

14. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

psychology...there's an interesting subject to delve into.

love the sig mod you've made, gerry. go get'im, tiger. ^.~

my own added until both of you lose yours :p

15. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

You are right, I concede. I shouldn't let such things annoy me so.

16. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i think you're right on the money, personally, but give in if you must. i'm half way to my goal already! XD

17. J_Bone

J_Bone Guest

i thinking hunting riffles should be aLLOwed but i dont think we need assaULT RIFFLES

18. ireland

ireland Active member

joke pix
    gerry1 eating and smoking
    wheres our food..

[​IMG]

19. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

What ... surely you agree that the M16, AK47 and a case of hand grenades are the ideal weapons for home defense!

20. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i do. i want bigger guns that fire faster...if i can't take out an elephant and make it into mutton, why would i want to even bother aiming at a person? ^.^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.