1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should i buy this software?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by ctkillerz, Nov 10, 2004.

1. ctkillerz

ctkillerz Guest

there is a guy that i know threw a friend and he sells a hack where no mod chip is needed. i want to play xbox live but u might not be able to so.....
    is there a way to play xbox live threw a software hack?
    is this guy for real and is it worth $40?
    Thank You

2. drnono

drnono Member

Give me $20 and I'll hook you up. :p

For real though, that's a rip off. I got my solderless mod chip for 30bux (average is 40-50) and the new ones have the optional switches to turn them off when you want to play live.

Anyways, you can do a software hack for less than $5bux. Check out this site: http://www.how2xbox.tk/

The action replay (and gameshark) costs around $30 bux and is a rip off. You can get the same fuctionality and more if you purchase a XBox PC USB adapter (http://search.ebay.com/xbox-usb-pc-adapter). They run for $5bux and also let you use your XBox controller with the PC (nice if you have Halo for the PC).

As far as playing XBox Live, you can find some exploits (the software hacks) that auto load and unload. Or you can just run the regular XBox dashboard and then run you XBox Live game from there. Unlike a mod chip, which loads custom hacked bios, a software exploit is not detectable as long as you do not change any of the original XBox files or run a 'backup' and connect to XBox Live.

Hope this helps.

Other usefull sites:
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/tutorials.php
    http://forums.g4techtv.com/messageview.cfm?catid=59&threadid=218445

Definatly check those out.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
  3. ctkillerz

ctkillerz Guest

Thank You and ive decided to buy the x3 and try to solder it. it seems pretty easy but ive never soldered in my life

4. wiglit

wiglit Member

Just a tip so you dont kick yourself
    you need to just put a little solder on the wire first (away from the xbox). Just put a little on each wire. then when each wire has a little just on on the tip. put the wire up to where you are going to connect it and just tap it with the iron. otherwise you will get a very bad problem with the power wire. the other connection points are so close you may need a magnifying glass to make sure you didnt complete them! THAT WOULD BE REALLY BAD! So just a little on the tip first. (no splashes that way!) good luck!

5. ctkillerz

ctkillerz Guest

Thank You for that tip and now theres a guy that would put in sum other mod chip i think its called smart xx or sumin and a 160+ hard drive for $300. he says he writes his own software and will make my xbox badass. And he also says the x3 suxs cause the live config doesnt work and there are alot of bugs. i said that ill think about it. should i do cause i think $100+ is too much for just installation and software????

6. ctkillerz

ctkillerz Guest

Thank You for that tip and now theres a guy that would put in sum other mod chip i think its called smart xx or sumin and a 160+ hard drive for $300. he says he writes his own software and will make my xbox badass. And he also says the x3 suxs cause the live config doesnt work and there are alot of bugs. i said that ill think about it. should i do cause i think $100+ is too much for just installation and software????

7. ctkillerz

ctkillerz Guest

lol sorry posted twice >_<

8. wiglit

wiglit Member

yes that is too much
    you will do great even if you go with a x2.3 pro
    and as far as hard drives. you know you can get one cheaper than that. I say do it all yourself. that way you can learn and then later improve. -since you will know what you are doing then. ps make SURE your chip has an external flasher!!!

9. punqewe

punqewe Active member

The pints on the xbox are pretty easy to solder to.....good size,not like the ps2. You'll be okay,also if you have a 15w soldering iron it'll make things easier for you. I use a 45watter still,just to keep me on my toes.