1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I disable background programs while burning?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by panic_jam, Aug 8, 2007.

1. panic_jam

panic_jam Member

Maybe I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that some of my DVD projects go to waste because of interference from programs running in the background... especially RAM hogs like Norton Antivirus.

I always close up everything like web browsers, etc. anyway and I never do anything on my computer while a DVD is burning... plus I always burn at 4x with all high quality settings (Nero).

Just wondering if I should disable other processes that run automatically in the background.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. david66

david66 Regular member

how much RAM do you have? also how much free space do you have on your Hard Drive also what brand of blank media are you using? is your firmware for your dvd burner up to date

3. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

In general, yes. Shut down everything possible, including antivirus and networking. If anything, this will keep an autoscan from starting or the temptation to hit the internet while you are waiting.

I'd say it depends on how much ram you have, how fast your cpu is and what operating system you have. If you have a dual core, so much the better. Keep your hard drive defragged and run ccleaner to keep your registry cleaned.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007