1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should i get a mac?

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by Sudds, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Was down at my nephews house today, and he showed me his mac... such a thing of beauty! No big bulky tower, just a mouse and keyboard every thing built in, i own an XP PC and am seriously thinkin of sellin it and buyin a mac... should i or should i not?

2. i_suck

i_suck Guest

it's your choice. but if you were me, i wouldn't do that. There's not a lot of software and games for mac.

3. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Mmmm... didnt know that! Ive only been at the pc since august, i only use it for music, backing up stuff dont use it for programming or the like...

4. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

@ i_suck

i agree with you that there not many games out for macs but jesus christ theres plenty of software...

macs are the best thing you could possibly have if you do a lot of music editing or video editing and such.

thing is if your just backing up things and listening to music a macs a waste of money. there incredibly expensive and thats because theyre unbeatable for what they do. but if your not using phoptoshop or reaason 3 on it then its a pointless investment.

id stick with the pc

5. i_suck

i_suck Guest

yeah, i don't know, but the mac software i use at my school are pretty cheesy.

6. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

when it comes to audio and video processing you cant beat a mac

im not exactly a fan of macs myself but i give credit where its due.

the stuff you have at your school is going to suck because its cheap ass school software... educational cds for windows are cheesy. infact most of them dont even work on xp as they were deigned for win 95.

7. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

i completely back up SypherTek .. very good..
    if it is mainstream software.. you can find it for mac.
    it really depends on what you are using it for.. each OS has its thing. really dont want to start a flame thread with all this...

i luv my mac.. i'm not going back to only PC.

and you can be damn sure i dont miss all that spyware, viruses and all that junk from the pc..

8. Sudds

Sudds Active member

I use my pc for rippin and backin up, music, pictures, dvds just very basic stuff am a spark by trade so i guess u could say its a hobby...which gettin very addictive am only workin on my pc since august and i picked up on a few things which in turn helped other people on the site, but like, one look at my nephews mac and i was droolin over it!:) Its just so easy to use, more i think about it the more am leanin towards gettin one........

9. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

there are a few guides here for doing the same thing you do on pc with dvd back up and what not..

there are some limitations with some stuff.. but most of it.. we can do that on mac.. its not likes a completely different thing.

10. Sudds

Sudds Active member

I suppose... but the layout and design of the mac is just class, is it not handier to work with a mac?

11. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

it is..
    too much stuff on the desktops for windows..
    i luv the dock on the mac.. so i can just open apps there.. i know there is "object dock" for pc.. but of course.. its modeled after the mac version. the whole thing now with widgets.. yahoo makes them now.. they're popping up everywhere...
    i luv my mac interface.
    there are people out there that macs are too hard to use.. but kids in schools use macs.. so why cant everybody else?

i'm wanting to get the powerbook 15 inch, 1.67, 80gb hd dual layer superdrive (dvd burner - 8x dvdr+/-DL)..

i'm drooling now..

12. Sudds

Sudds Active member

lmao Quick get a towel! befor u salv8 all over ur little white.. shiny...slick....macie interface....aaaaccccchhhhhh <- homer impression!