1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I upgrade from Shrink 3.1.7.6 to 3.2??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by quilt, Aug 9, 2004.

1. quilt

quilt Member

I installed Shrink 3.1.7.6 a few months ago, works great, no aspi layer stuff or any such problems to deal with, no problems using Shrink once I switched to Ritek blanks.

Read a few comments about v 3.2, better transcoder, more options, place stills inplace of some segments (have no use for that option), --- all I do is backup the actual movie, audio and subtitles so that the kids don't destroy the real/original DVD, it has worked fine for me.

Rave comments about how v3.2 'finally competes with commercial products', better transcoder, etc, leaves me wondering, should I upgrade, or just 'don't fix it if it ain't broke'? However, if it really is that much better and would make a really better quality backup, I would definitely consider upgrading.

HOW would I upgrade anyway? Uninstall v3.1.7.6, and install v3.2, OR just install v3.2 OVER current install? Can't find these answers anywhere.

Like I said, when software is concerned, I prefer to "don't fix it if it ain't broke", unless there is a real compelling reason to upgrade. Is there?

2. Deeman

Deeman Guest

I say go ahead and upgrade. I did and haven't had any problems with 3.2. I have also heard about upgrades in the trancoder which for me clearer is better. I un-installed 3.17 before I installed 3.2. I don't know weather it's necessary or not. Have a good one!