1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I Upgrade to Vista ?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ofield, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Just wondering, are you planning on playing any new(ish) games on your PC? As both me and Amir89 said, the 7300 GS will not be able to handle new games. With a 500W PSU your PC will happily run an 8800 GT.

@ LUFFYPSP - The HD 2400 Pro isn't a great card, it'll let you play older games quite well, but will struggle with newer ones. I'd suggest you upgrade to a new nVidia card, if you don't want to spend too much on a new card, then an 8600 GTS will do for playing new games at about medium detail. You'll need a PCI Express x16 slot in your PC, check your motherboard (it should have one) they look like this (the PCI Express x16 is the top slot in the picture):

[​IMG]

If you have one, it will look exactly like that, possibly a different colour though.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  2. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

that means my pc have a PCI slot??i bought it a month ago.so it should be a new slot i think.

3. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Yes, if your PC is that new, then it will have a PCI x16 slot for certain. And is it just me that the picture has stopped working with? Hmmm, link.

4. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

well its not working for me too,but i opened the link in the new tab so i looked at it already.you say PCI x16 slot,is there any other type of slot??

5. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Yes, there are a few types of PCI Express slot; x1, x4, x8 and x16.

Graphics cards use the x16 only.

6. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

so i dont have to care bout the slot as long as its PCI right??thnxs Shokz for guiding me to this thingy.anyway,one last question - xp or vista??just between that,which one you recommend and prefer??i dont want either way is ok,i want to make up my mind.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  7. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Vista - Simply because it's future proof.

8. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

Shokz:

Just because it's the latest operating system doesn't mean he has to get it. Think about it for a second...
    Windows ME seemed future proof in the year 2000 too, until everyone discovered it had more bugs than the Amazon Rainforest.

Luffy, consider what everyone's said and make up your own mind, that's all.

Good luck!

9. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

ok i'll think about it.thxns guys for your help...i'll be back when i have made my decision.thnx again.

10. 1234aaron

1234aaron Regular member

Heh, im runing vist buisness with 256mb RAM, VERY VERY VERY SLOW!!!! anyways, i like vista, apart from the bugs! it look pweety and works with all the latest games (not that i can run any at the moment with 256)

11. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

i have 1 GB ram but still cant play the games because of my poor video card...