1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should They Make a Halo Movie?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Flood66, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Flood66

Flood66 Member

Flood66,

Im starting this post for people who are interested about if Bungie n Microsoft would make a Halo Movie. It would be pretty awsome if they did i posted it on Bungie.Net and the choice to vote and i got 8% no 8% maybe and 84% yes on making the Halo Movie. Please respond to this message if you have any ideas or thoughts about the Halo Movie that might be made!

PS: If you want a head to head match with a Halo Master, then my X-Box live acount is Meatwad0666!

2. spill86

spill86 Guest

Hell yes. I was thinking about that earlier. There are so many games that have complex story lines now. Every year games are more and more similar to the stories in movies. I think Halo and Max Payne would be great movies. If you can recall, they did make two Mortal Kombat movies that didn't do too well in the box office. Maybe that's why they're more cautious in making movies based on video game storylines.

SPILL

3. Flood66

Flood66 Member

News about the Halo Movie information:

Bungie sent me an E-Mail saying this:
    Dear *****,

I know that halo combat evolved and halo 2 were great and fantastic games and were rated number one games in the world but it isnt that easy on making a halo movie due to the information that is given to you:
    1) We may not have enough Money unless Microsoft would fund us alot of money
    2) THe halo story has not be concluded yet
    3) Many chances of the movie being a failer
    4) Not enough people has voted if Halo should be made (20000 votes) we need about 5 million votes!

These are the reasons why halo may not be made but still, if we can get enough suport from the people we may be able to make the movie

Bungie

Well Thats the letter i got guys so please send my post messages PLEASE!!! AND VOTE AT BUNGIE.NET!!

4. Flood66

Flood66 Member

Also people if you are reading this: I want you to get other reading and posting messages in this thread Thanks Spill for replying to this!

5. The_Phizz

The_Phizz Member

there is no doubt that halo is one of if not the best viedo games ever. but as far as a movie goes, can what happens in the game really be recreated on the big screen? i mean the game itself is like a movie. i think that the only way it would work is if the movie did not use the same story line as the games. same chacters and plot but not like the game cause then i would have no reason to see it.

6. Flood66

Flood66 Member

You are probably right. Halo would be a GREAT movie if they dont use the same storyline as the game but similar and better for cinamatic parts. I mean they tried to make the other games into a movie for example:
    1. Mortal Combat, now that was a great movie with its own story the first one I mean. Because it made the people realize that games can be great movies but if they just copied exactly from the game storyline then it would be just a kung fu tournament with magic powers. But it had a adventure to the movie
    2. Remember Resident Evil the movie? The first one was almost realistic and scary and awsome but you see when making movies you just cant make up things that realy suck into movies remember the second one? Nemisis was realy STUPID!! I almost wanted to leave the theater cause of that part and that girl with super powers so you cant just put imaginary things into movies like that. But everything else like the experiance of how the people shows are great. Zombies AHH!!

So Halo movie could be a great idea into being a movie depending how the story goes.
    Well Keep posting ideas!!

7. frankfrut

frankfrut Guest

to be honest, if a movie based directly off of the Halo series were to be made, it would blow. Not because of the story, but because MC would look way to funny and cheesy in the spartan armor. if they modified it to show his face, it would be better. they would also need to explain the whole covenent thing. its fine to just say "hey, here are a bunch of freaky religious aliens. go kill them. now." for a game, but for a movie it doent work. dont get me wrong, a Halo movie done right would be freakin kick ass, but movies based off of games are very fragile.
    "fra...ge...ly? must be italian"

8. spill86

spill86 Guest

The Hollywood people would try to make it so fruity. You know they would try to put some queer love story in there and I'm sorry, but i like to think of Master Chief as a hardcore, nasty Son of a B*tch. I don't know though, the world Halo has created is so interesting, there would be so many different directions you could take the story.

Spill

9. Cuzins04

Cuzins04 Member

Like Spill said, they will try to throw a dumb love story into it. I think that if they do make a movie, they should wait til Halo 3 comes out to complete the story. Also, that guy said that he got an e-mail from bungie saying that they need 5 million votes for the movie. First off, I don't think that is an actual e-mail because of all those typographical errors and second, I don't think 5 million people own the game. I'm sorry, I don't think there will be a Halo 2 or Halo 3 movie......ever.

10. frankfrut

frankfrut Guest

in the special edition second disk one of the guys in the development team said that people have already come to them with offers to buy their idea to make a movie, but they decilend. they didnt want it to becomea cheesy crap movie and they said they havent even though about a movie, not for a long time.

11. Flood66

Flood66 Member

Tell you the truth i didnt copy that letty word for word i only copyied from someone who had that message and second thing is that i might agree with yall because they might make it crappy but what im saying is that my opinion now is that they should think about the story befor they can even come up for the movie! I agree with you. But still we will see what will happen who knows! Besides, they do make movies off from games and the thing about the movie having a love part would make it gay!

12. Flood66

Flood66 Member

One more thing i was thinking ouf a digital movie not like some real acting going around. Remember Final Fantasy movie THAT ROCKED !!

13. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I don't think so. I just couldn't picture it in my mind.

Besides, there are a lot of movies that depict heroes defeating aliens.

For instance, Men in Black.

14. MidniteJ

MidniteJ Member

If they made Halo into a movie, what scantily clad hottie would they get to play Cortana? That is the important question.