1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink Questions

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sean5775, Dec 30, 2004.

1. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

I know basically how to use shrink but am experimenting with new ideas. I would sooner ask then waste a bunch of DVD-R's without at least seeing what a few people had to say.

First I was considering Replacing the Extras on the Backup with a still image, it appears to save space, but I wonder if the menus would still work this way?

I lately have been reauthoring and burning only the main movie and one audio track. I rarely watch the Extras on any movie and if I do once I seen them once I would never watch them again. So I really don't need them, but I like having the menus actually working. Would this work? Anyone tried it?

Another thought I had.

If I was to compress the hell out of the extras and the menus, and compress the movie as little as possible, would this be a good idea? I do know that won't work with every disc though, but sometimes I play with the setting and can compress it like that other times I can't do that, but I always just put it back to automatic and Burn.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

as long as you don't reauthor, yes using still images will still give you working menus.