1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrink to nero...problem from a newbie

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by WiteWizrd, Dec 29, 2004.

1. WiteWizrd

WiteWizrd Regular member

thank you for taking the time to look at my post i hope you can help. heres the deal

my burn system, dvddecrypter to ifoedit to dvdshrink to nero. (p.s. i take out all the menu and stuff with ifoedit, i only burn main movie)

1st example: "knockaround guys" small enough (3.8) so that i could skip the shrink process....burns great, plays great.

2nd example: "irobot" not small enough, must use shrink. then used cyberlink powerdvd to play from folder and works fine...burns great. then when i play in player freezes halfway through or skips backwards 1 min every chapter, or something else thats weird. same for playing in computer off disk.

im guessing something is wrong between the shrink and nero burn process cuzz like i said, if i skip the shrink, everything is fine. if i use shrink plays fine on powerdvd, but once put on disk theres a problem. iv tried different combonations and never use the computer when processing anything for the movie. i cant seem to get it working. any help would be well appreciated. thanks juztin

2. rosspod

rosspod Member

justin, are you trying it in multiple stand alone dvd players?

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

First problem of skipping/jumping is usually caused by poor quality blank media. Try a good well known media. I also think you are going about this the hard way. All you need in most cases when doing the movie only backup in DVD Shrink. It will decrypt, rip and compress the movie in one step at the same time. You can then edit the movie with Shrink also. In Shrinks settings, set it to burn with Nero and it will do the complete process automatically. Almost as simple as it can get. Good Luck.

Jerry

4. WiteWizrd

WiteWizrd Regular member

yeah iv tried it in 2 different players and cheap one and a really nice one.

im using TDK dvd-r 8x media (burning in 4x though)

jerry...how do i set shrink to do all that though???

thanks so much

Last edited: Dec 29, 2004