1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink wont open a Divx movie Why?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Tallula, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Tallula

Tallula Guest

I downloaded the movie Hitch but windows media wont play it says it doesnt support the file a dvix. I have windows xp and media player 10. What do i have to do to get this movie to play on computer and burn onto a dvd-r disc? Any help would be great
    Thanks you guys have never faild me yet. XXX I need a clear easy way to do this.

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  3. Tallula

Tallula Guest

I have divxtodvd but it wont recognise the file i have found the divx codex thingy and will download that ill let you know how i got on thank you for the help Love Tallula XX

4. Tallula

Tallula Guest

I downloaded the stuff and the player said are you sure this is an avi or mpg file
    and the divxtodvd wont read it either. Is it possible its not a dvix file after all? It says dvix next to the film title and windows media wont open it nor will nero, real player, dvix player, and they play most of the other movies i,v downloaded. Can you help me further or is it just me whos not got it right?

5. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

what is the file extension of the file? In other words at the end of the file name it should have 3 letters after a period. What are they?

7. Tallula

Tallula Guest

The only info I see is Hitch[2005](divx)(www.uri.movies.tk)
    Dont know if thats any help. I might just download it again but i get this problem with quite a few of the movies i download off limewire and uri movies

8. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

gotta love it when ppl ask for help to pirate things. It could be an Xvid file. Get the program G-Spot and use that to analyze the file. I'd give you a link, but kinda find it stupid to help someone break the law, when with a little bit of patience and searching they can easily find the answers out there without asking for help from others.

Call me a hypocrite if you want, but I really don't remember ever asking for someone to help me do something involving piracy. :)