1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shutdown too slow help

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by cphicks, Feb 13, 2007.

1. cphicks

cphicks Regular member

hi everyone, can anybody please advise me on this snag i have??

when i go to shut down pc, its taking forever, i was told it may be the processes, two many going at once, ive looked in the box by pressing ctrl+alt+delete, but i dont know which ones to end some have system on them, some have chris "my name on them"
    so can some one please explain what to do its like when i boot up too i have lots of things pop up on screen like messenger, but its the shutting down i need help with.if you can help il be very grateful, thanks again chris

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

3. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

First off, you're going to have to use msconfig to remove some startup entries for programs you don't need running at startup. Messenger will have to be taken care of once you log in, it's in the Options under General.

Most startup programs will include, update managers, java's jusched, quicktime, nerocheck, microsoft office, adobe, etc. Helper programs for video/sound drivers also do not need to be running in the background.