1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shy Channels on sat with dreambox 500s

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by datto, Aug 22, 2009.

1. barca_001

barca_001 Member

One final thing. i promise.

The coded d500s box i already have. is it possible now for this box to work(i.e. get the premium sly channels) in any place that has a dish and an incoming coax cable. i understand the dish would have to be pointing in the right direction and not be damaged. but could i literaly use it anywhere that had the dish.

also im guessing that with sly,as it is done thru satelite the line does not have to be 'active' like when using v***in for starview.

2. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

Once dish is pointed at Astra 28.2 sattellite you can scan for all channs. on sky network.
    All free channs. can be viewed & encrypted channs. will clear if you have c-line & connection
    to internet

3. ttrance

ttrance Member

Hi dudes and dudettes,
    Thanks for this very informative discussion,
    My mate just got a dm500s installed and working with a sly dish,
    I've also got a dm500s, I would like to know if I can use his clines on my box without probs (i understand i will have to change usernames) is this possible.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  4. Dan1985

Dan1985 Regular member

the only way would be able to use ur friends cline is if the peolple who he got it from enabled it for reshare which is very doubtful as they are not that generous so you will have to aquire your own

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  5. ttrance

ttrance Member

Thanks for the reply Dan1985

would it be ok to flash a fully loaded [clines installed] box with a different image and re-enter the existing clines after flashing.

also is the gemini image not good[time bomb] for all dreambox clones or just dm500
    would it be ok on dm800

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  6. Dan1985

Dan1985 Regular member

1. yeah it would be fine to flash the box as long as you make a copy of the cccam.cfg file located in var/etc directory so you know that you will get all the correct info put back in again

2. i myself like to use the gemini image for my dm500 but just be sure you get the right image for the right box

7. rooney123

rooney123 Regular member

You will need to find out what sim and bootloader your dm 800 is and then find image to suit..you will find the sim under box on a small gold sticker..if its a new box i would imagine it would be sim 201 bl 76

8. ttrance

ttrance Member

thanks for the replys, Im gonna go through each image, until im happy with one[ they are all good] just one that i like more

9. pattotap

pattotap Member

can sky tell if you are cardsharing

10. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

you could ask them :)

11. Dan1985

Dan1985 Regular member

lmao am sure they would have a few choice words

12. pattotap

pattotap Member

that's not an answer all i want is yes or no somebody on the internet will sell me a blackbox all set up with images and clines and all i have to do is connect to my router they will also give me the first month free.

13. Dan1985

Dan1985 Regular member

well if you dont have sky internet then you will fine

14. pattotap

pattotap Member

i have virgin broadband will that be ok

15. piopat

piopat Active member

i would warn against buying a so called plug and play box on line ,if you can buy a box and set it up your self its a better option .these guys disappear at the drop of a hat and reappear under different names, then your money is gone and so are your channels .there is lots of info out there to help you flash a box and install cccam (there is a link in my signature area to my tutorialto get you started ) all you need then is a c line ,if you must pay for a c line try and get a trustworthy pay server and only pay monthly or every 3 months .

16. pattotap

pattotap Member

thanks for the advice piopat this person wants me to pay monthly

17. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

piopat is it fair to say all boxes purchased nowadays are plug and play mainly from china
    was chatting to a guy in china over the last week dm800hd pvr flashed and cccam installed at a good price (even taking shipping+customs into account)anyway piopat many thanks to you for youre help over the year hope you have a happy xmas and2011

18. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

no answer from me on this issue. find your pay server and pay whatever you want for it. if that is the limit of your knowledge then whatever. if you would like to learn then ask.

19. piopat

piopat Active member

hi jack mate they can come with an image on so you get the free to air channels (some may even install cccam for you )when i said plug and play i meant boxes coming from online payservers (the ones with big adverts online )with everything installed and including the c line so a person only has to connect it up to the tv and router. i would not recommend using these people as they can disappear overnight and your channels are gone and you have done your money ,as fintann said if a person wants help to set their box up for cs all they have to do is ask .this thread is a good place to start learning ,im not saying its easy as abc but once a person learns they wont be at the mercy of these unscrupelous people. happy christmas to you also jack mate talk soon.

20. rooney123

rooney123 Regular member

Fint mate i asked them and the said No..Whats the story??