1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shy Channels on sat with dreambox 500s

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by datto, Aug 22, 2009.

1. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

piopat i totally agree with you people(some) getting into this just want a quick fix if they went to the bother of reading youre tut they would see it is doable but its not for everyone we all agree fint you and i do not support these payservers but what people wish to do is beyond our control all i will say to newbies reading this please do youre homework first loads of info here ,we are here to help

2. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

rooney, many ways of identifying card sharing. will not discuss on open forum

3. jvob

jvob Regular member

hi guys.getting glitching and freezing for past few days every 4 minutes approx.lasts about 10 seconds.i dont think its the server.could it be internet breaking up at regular intervals or dodgy weather ie,snow and ice.thanks.

4. piopat

piopat Active member

snow like heavy rain will affect the signal quality ,have a look at your signal strenght mate.

5. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

have seen no affect to quality during weather

6. jvob

jvob Regular member

hi again guys,dont think its weather problem as fint says.also my friend has same setup with no problem.on what basis can i ask internet provider if internet is the problem.i cant say my dreambox is freezing lol ? thanks

7. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

is it happening on free channels, pay channels or both ? the info below only applies when watching non free channels,..during a freezing event check your ecm time,..dont know what box or image your using but try pressing the blue button when the freez happens & look for the ecm time,...should be below 0.300 in an ideal setup,..around 0.160 is good.

8. jvob

jvob Regular member

hi,ecm under 3.00 mostly but fluctuates.im using nabliosat image.seems to be only a problem on pay channels.should i re-flash with same image again,or maybe try differant one.thanks

9. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

under 3.00 or under 0.300 ? thats important,..as it's only happening on pay channels the problem is with your provider !! & I don't mean your ISP if you get my meaning ??..the image is good.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  10. jvob

jvob Regular member

thanks for reply.ecm showing 0.j93 sometimes when freezing.up and down between that and 0.455 approx.the reason i dont think its a(provider issue)is that my friend is using same provider with no problem.how sure do you feel that the problem is with provider.thanks

11. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

how many hops ?? should tell you on the same screen as the ecm times

12. jvob

jvob Regular member

it says 1 hop ?

13. piopat

piopat Active member

if the free to air channels and all the menus and functions of the box are working correctly its not the image at fault ,i asked earlier if you checked your signal levels (if your dish and lnb are ok on a dm500 you should have about 90% plus snr and agc will be around the same , a dm800 can show lower levels around 60% to 70% )if you have a reasonably good signal level and you have no trouble with any fta channels that leaves only your broadband or c line provider. a good test would be to bring your box to your mates house (if you can as you say he has no problems) and hook your box up to his router and dish and see if the problem is still there.

14. jvob

jvob Regular member

thanks.signal levels good.will try it in friends house like you suggest.thanks for help.

15. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

1 hop is good,..for stable picture the ecm time should be 0.130 to 0.190,..are other computers in you home using the net/downloading whilst your watching TV ? what ccam version are you using,... 2.1.3 or 2.1.4 are the latest.

16. jvob

jvob Regular member

using ccam 2.1.3.hardly any downloading.thanks

17. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

Just an idea,...swap boxes with your mate & see does the problem travel with the box or remain at your location

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  18. jvob

jvob Regular member

thanks for your help and piopat

19. scandalu

scandalu Guest

this is a common problem with a minority of users...if your box works fine at a friends house than we can dismiss the box or its firmware to be at fault..we then look towards the dish end...make sure the dish is aligned properly,and that the lnb is set to band 2(four bands from 1-4),since that is the common sky setup band..if you are still having a problem,then you have 2 problems/solutions....
    firstly,you have to check if there are obstacles(i.e phone masts,microwave emmitions in the vicinity of your dish path)..if there are not,then repositioning of your dish lower down,may help or getting a bigger dish....
    I say this from experience,since i too have had this problem in the past...hope this helps

20. myksterx

myksterx Regular member

hi guys just a quickie, just wondering if anyone has a sorted bouquets list for FTA on astra 28.2e? its for a DM500S.
    thank you