1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shy Channels on sat with dreambox 500s

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by datto, Aug 22, 2009.

1. ripblade

ripblade Member

hi guys just wondering if any off this discussion is now needed as i heard that N3 is cracked? or am I way of the mark...

2. car19

car19 Regular member

3. car19

car19 Regular member

Yes setting up the dish is do-able but not easy,I am a TV engineer and have to use a digital meter to get te best from the sat.

4. piopat

piopat Active member

the sky sat is pretty strong so if a few houses near you have a sky dish point yours as near to how theirs is pointing as possible and you should be ok ,that said yes a meter is the only way to be 100% .but the sky sat is so strong that almost anyone can pick it up.get your dish and box sorted first mate before thinking about anything else.

5. nmheroes

nmheroes Member

Having read all of this, the thing that is unclear to me is if you used a DM500S with a sly card and subscription, what are the limitations? In other words, what can you do with a sly box that you can't do with a DM500S?

6. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

with the dm 500s you can share internally and externally which you cant do with a sly box

7. nmheroes

nmheroes Member

I understand that. But does it have a crap EPG? Do the coloured buttons work ie If there is a different program 'on the red button' can you see it? I've seen people post that 'You wouldn't use a DM500S to replace a sly box' but they haven't explained why. Can someone explain please?

8. piopat

piopat Active member

yes there are limitations ,you wont get the sky epg on a dm500s you could get it or simillar on a box such as a dm800s (you get now and next as standard ) you can get the red button sports (but not by pressing the red button) there is no box that has all the functions of a sky box .im afraid thats the price to pay if people want low cost tv via cardsharing.

9. jhammer02

jhammer02 Member

Please can anyone advise if I can setup dm800hd with my existing original s*y dish?
    Thanks

10. jhammer02

jhammer02 Member

Please can anyone advise if I can setup dm800hd with my existing original s*y dish?
    Thanks

11. jhammer02

jhammer02 Member

Thanks

12. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

yes, flash image and load bouquets for whatever saellite you are pointing at

13. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

The dreambox connects to the sky dish as normal,..just like a sky box,then download the pdf file in THIS link ,..it has all you need,..where it mentions "jade Pli" it's refering to am image you can flash to the 800 but yours will already have an image loaded,...first get your box up & running & when you get more familer with how everything works you can upgrade/flash a better image if you want.

14. jvob

jvob Regular member

problem seems to have gone away (not).i didnt take any action.im convinced now that its a broadband provider issue,with v...fone,not over happy with them anyway.thanks for your help.problem most likely weather related.ie.severe cold.cheers.OOPS,spoke too soon...anyway problem seems to be identified.need to get on fone to bb provider, thanks.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  15. piopat

piopat Active member

yes your dm800 will work with your existing sky dish.

16. jvob

jvob Regular member

hi again.glithing was because of dodgy modem,replaced modem all ok...not quite.modem cuts out approx after 2 hours,has happened all day.i rang BB provider v...f..e. they said take out filter on phone line because not compatable.i did but tv pixelated regularly.any ideas? thanks

17. funboyste

funboyste Member

Try speaking English?

18. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

His english is a lot better than your product review. Jvob as Pio said glitching may be due to
    poor signal from your dish. Are you using modem only or modem+ router. The new modem you are
    using may not be properly set up with router. You may need to reset Network card

19. jvob

jvob Regular member

hi,eamo.all ok now.using router with built-in modem.belkin router,my 15 year old son fixed it for me (shaking his head) lol.thanks for input.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  20. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

[/quote]hi,eamo.all ok now.using router with built-in modem.belkin router,my 15 year old son fixed it for me (shaking his head) lol.thanks for input.[/quote]

Glad to hear it. Them elocution lessons you took helped sort it out. You should click on
    funboyste's product review