1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SID 4 Installation Problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by soigan, Sep 21, 2007.

1. soigan

soigan Member

Hi

Long time reader, first time poster. I am unsure though if this is the proper place to put this thread. I also do not know what information is needed, so I will attempt to spew out anything that may seem relevent. Here it goes:

I acquired a version 1.1 xbox. I have a friend that had previously modded his xbox, so I am borrowing his materials. It involves SID4 N-Knave Edition and James Bond.

I can go through bond and get into the SID 4 install no problem. As the tutorial said, I attempt to create a backup of EEPROM and MS. There are no problems with EEPROM backup, but I cannot do the MS backup. The ms backup fails out and says:

Batch process failed. The last item was: FOUND EXISTING SOFTMOD. Action Rename.

SID 4 won't do the softmod without the MS backup, but I cannot seem to do the MS backup because is apparently already modded. I also do not feel comfortable doing the Uninstall Softmod, because it says it will use E:\backup, which there is no such directory.

Just in case if there are questions, here is my directory listing:

C:\
    AUDIO\
    default.xip
    dvd.xip
    jkeyboard.xip
    Keyboard.xip
    mainmenu5.xip
    Memory2.xip
    memory_files2.xip
    Message.xip
    music2.xip
    music_copy3.xip
    Music_PlayEdit2.xip
    settings3.xip
    settings_adoc.xip
    Settings_Clock.xip
    settings_language.zip
    settings_list.xip
    settings_panel.xip
    settings_parental.xip
    settings_timezone.zip
    settings_video.xip
    XBox Book.xtf
    Xbox.xtf
    xboxdash.xbe

E:\
    CACHE\
    TDATA\
    UDATA\

So it sounds like my retail xbox is borked since it cannot backup MS. Could there just be a couple of files that I could delete/rename to make this retail? Would there be another installer that can help me out in this situation?

2. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Don't rename anything but it seems you know how to FTP into your xbox. Backup your eeprom onto your pc. Its located in E:\UDATA\21xxxxxx\000000000000\backup\"eeprom.bin". Your xbox is not broken. Have you previously modded your box before? If you haven't, check you MS Dashboard version. Go to settings-system info. It must say 5960, if it doesn't you need to upgrade your ms dash by using a xbox live game created through mid 2004-present. Use SID 4.5 or 5.01 These are the most stable versions and it creates a correct dump eeprom copy, earlier SID versions have bugs. These can be found in the Auto Installer packages.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007
  3. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Backup your eeprom before you update your ms dashboard you never know the box my enter into an update loop now that's big trouble. But if you need a clean copy of the ms dash get ahold of a AID iso. Ask your friend he should have one, besides it contains apps emulators.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007
  4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member