1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sidebars on my moniter

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by catfish42, Jul 16, 2007.

1. catfish42

catfish42 Member

i have been trying to back up my dvd collection and when i rip the dvds in xvid or divx format there are bars on the side. my monitor is widescreen (16:9) but so are the movies im trying to rip, so instead of filling up the screen the encoded movies have bars on the top and the side. im using #1 dvdripper but ive also tried other programs to the same result, and i use the basic version of divx encoder. ive tried changing the aspect ratio settings (there are lots of options) but to no avail. it is very frustrating and help would be so much appreciated!

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Could be playback related. Try opening the files in VDub, there should be no black bars. You might also want to try something like AutoGK, AVI.NET, FairUse Wizard, etc.

3. catfish42

catfish42 Member

well i use winamp for playback which has settings for 16:9, and all of the xvid or HD programs that i download work just fine and fill up the screen. Only when i try to rip my own dvds and play them in winamp. I'll definitely give those programs a try, but any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.