1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silent Hill 3 with Radeon 7500!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Serpicus, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Serpicus

Serpicus Member

Hi, I'm trying to play SH3, starting it with 3dAnalyze, but something goes wrong.
    Heater, monsters and every other model appears in black. Sometimes they show up correctly, but everything is messed up and broken.
    I tried with several other settings, with no luck.
    I've got a Hercules Radeon 7500 128mb...
    please help!

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Well the 3DAnalyzer thingy is a workaround and lets you play the gamer period. It would seem that this workaround has its costs in that your 'experience' is "less than satisfactory".

For the record, SH3 requires programmable shader support. THIS MEANS GeForce3TI, GeForce4TI and GeForceFX as well as (if i am not mistaken), ATI9000+ series cards.

3. supermax

supermax Member

Hi Serpicus, I have the exact same problem with an ATI Radeon 7500 and 3D-Analyzer!!
    At least this means that it's not a single problem but a generic Radeon trouble! Unfortunately I'm still searching a solution too!
    Hope one of us can soon solve this bug!!
    Bye

4. Praetor

Firstly, the problem is that the Radeon7500 doesnt have programmable nothing support. Secondly, if im not mistaken, the 3danalyzer workaround is for nvidia cards, not ATI cards (i dont know though cuz Ive got programmable support).

5. supermax

supermax Member

You're right Praetorian: Radeon 7500 doesn't have any programmable support, but neither Geforce MX440 has programmable support and I know that using 3d Analyzer it can run Silent Hill 3 perfectly! So do you have any idea about how set Radeon 7500 or 3dAnalyze to avoid those glitches (monsters and every other model appears in black)?
    Thank you and everybody else who can help us!!

6. Praetor

Like I said, I suspect the 3DAnalyzer is a workaround taillored specifically for nVidia cards rather than the ATi cards, I have no way of verifying this of course, its just a sneaking suspicion/.

7. supermax

supermax Member

I've heard about Rage 3D Tweak which should work even with Radeon 7500...do you know it Praetor? Does anybody know if that tool can emulate vertex and pixel shader?
    Thanks

8. Serpicus

Serpicus Member

No, I've got 3D Tweak, and it's just an overclock for the graphic chip of Radeon 7500.
    But I try with that too, with the same results of 3D analyze.
    So now, I hope just Konami give us a patch(or an utility) to remove pixel/vertex shader in SH3.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2004
  9. Praetor

Ive said it b4 ill say it again... its highly unlikely Konami will release such a patch because as we all know, graphics make or break a game as far as sales and profits go. The better the graphics, the better the game and the company's reputation -- just look what it did for Epic when they came out with UT.

Those programmable shaders allow SH3 to do all the stunnning effects is has (imm just surmising here since ive not played any of the series). To remove that functionality would be to seriously degrade the games graphics/performance and that would be a shot in the foot for the company. It would be nice to see Konami surprise us all but i wouldnt hold my breath long.

10. Serpicus

Serpicus Member

Yes, right, but with a patch, a number of people with an Ati 8500-, or with a GeForce MX, can buy and play SH3.
    Now, if Konami wants to increase the selling of SH3, cans release this patch!
    But it's just an idea, i don't know if the K will release this...
    For now, i've just hope