1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silent Hill loading error

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by av_3000, Nov 19, 2003.

1. DEATH2005

DEATH2005 Member

2. DEATH2005

DEATH2005 Member

okey,
    I think i need to update my video card
    which cards does silent hill 3 work with them
    does geforce4 128mb suffice to play silent hill3

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

As long as it isnt the MX series than you are fine.

4. kotsios

kotsios Member

I have the same problem with papoys.
    The game crash on Violent and Cruel screen
    I downloaded Microsofts Fix you mentioned but nothing happened!!!!
    I try several nVidia Drivers!!

Anybody can help me???

P.S
    Same problem occurs on Konamis Pro Evolution Soccer 3. But I fix it by Deleting(!!!!) "cafe"
    file, which was the intro.
    What File is the intro in SH3?Might work if i delete this file too!!

5. alfonsas

alfonsas Guest

Hello! I didn't repair that problem...I'm very sad :(( But my friend can play with MX2 440 and with 3s analyzer, but he can't see anything...then he plays, he can hear also sounds, but screen is dark :((( there are only foggy dark place.help! what's wrong????

6. Nutzies

Nutzies Member

Hi,

I have geforce4 MX 440 128 MB, I tried the solution (3D analyzer) and the game ran perfectly! Of course, the initial stage/scene was really, really grainy, but since that was a dream scene, it was really like that. The scene after that (in the mall where Heather was talking on the phone with her dad) turned really clear.

To all having problems with their Geforce MX cards, try the solution presented above. Again, just downlad 3D analyzer, and update your card to Detonator 45.23 (don't use the latest which is 52+! If you can't find 45.23, search NVIDIA's archives), then follow these:

In 3D analyze
    1. Hardware Limits(cap bits), below three options must be checked: emulate pixel shader caps,emulate bump map caps.emulate max sim textures and
    2. In anti-detect mode, two options also must be checked:shaders and textures.

THANKS TO MAXPOWERZ for all these INFO! I am now playing Silent Hill 3. The shadows and dark colors sure gets weird every now and then, but who cares? :)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2003
  7. Praetor

alfonsas : The GeForce2MX 440 is possitively ancient for a game like Silent Hill 3. I'm surpsised he was allowed to install it in the first place! :)

8. Susurs

Susurs Member

Unregister or uninstall MPEG2 codecs on your PC they are makeing Silent Hill 3 hang when "contains voilence" screen is displayed.

9. kotsios

kotsios Member

How can i Unregister or uninstall MPEG2 codecs
    from my PC?

10. Praetor

By uninstalling any software dvd player you might have... if you have the MPEG2 codec for WMP then you are... um... gonna have a hard time getting rid of it.

11. Susurs

Susurs Member

Well, it depends on which MPEG2 video codecs you use. If you have Elecard MPEG2 decoder it is possible to simply unregister it. There should be a shortcut in start/all programms under folder named Elecard MPEG2 decoder package from where you can check or uncheck boxes to register/unregister codecs. But there are other codecs which to my mind you have to remove manually and reinstall later. Some codecs can be uninstalled from control panel - add/remove. But I know also MPEG2 codec which adds some files to windows directory and if you do not know which files are added, it is hard to remove it. Anyway if you will remove it you will not be able to play some videos untill you put them back. Sorry about my English. Be careful removing or deleting something if you do not know exactly what are you doing.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]EVE[/small]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2004
  12. kotsios

kotsios Member

Thanks guys,
    I solved the problem. That was quite hard!!!
    I still dont understand why companies like konami dont give any support on that or notice on troubleshootings.

Thanks_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Pentium 4 2,4Ghz 800 MHz FSB
    Intel HyperThreading Technology
    512 MB Dual-Channel DDR400 Memory Kingston
    Asus P4C800 Deluxe Intel 875P Chipset
    Albatron GeForce FX5600 128MB
    Pionneer DVD-RW A05
    Plextor CD-RW PX-W4824A
    Windows XP Pro SP1
    DirectX 9b[/small]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2003
  13. Wraith7

Wraith7 Member

WOW!!!!I..i....finally did it!!!The game starts!!!I just don' know how to thank you enough guys!!I'm so happy!Thanx!And about the grainy thing-try turning noise effect off...

14. Nutzies

Nutzies Member

I used to have my Geforce 4 MX 440 work with SH3, but I decided to upgrade my card to something higher. Sold my MX440 and bought Geforce FX 5200 128 MB (just added a few dollars and I got a new card!), and now, the game is perfect.

Trust me guys, just upgrade your cards to an FX card... with just a few dollars additional, you'll be getting better shades, textures and stuff. I even noticed that after uprgading my card, Halo looked pretty more awesome!

15. Praetor

Whilst the FX5200 is theoreticall better than the GF4MX and is an awesome steal pricewise for DX9 support and all. It is somewhat of a lackluster product which is unfortunately (i was gonna buy a bunch before i realized this myself). In a whole bunch of cases, the GF4MX actuallay outperforms the GFX5200 which was a dead shock to me. I was expecting at least GF4Ti capability but it certianly isnt that.

Dont get me wrong, its a good card, excellent even when you consider the price it retails for and that you had a GF4MX card before (which was a DX7 card btw). I just dont want you to expect too much from the card in terms of raw framerates and such (i.e., dont challenge your buddy who's got a GeForce4Ti series card to a framerate contest for money -- you'll lose).

nVidia has done a really good job however of introducing a really good abount of performance as well as directx9 support on an entry level card.

16. LooC

LooC Member

Hi

I have the same problem with "violent screen". It just freezes. Ok I understand that I have to uninstall MPEG-2 codecs but I dont know which of all codecs are MPEG-2. I decided to uninstall all codecs but I cant do it too. I uninstalled codec pack i used from Add/Remove and there are no more codecs. Also i deleted codecs from device menager but they return after rebooting my system and the game still freezes How can I unstall all codecs from my system. I dont want to format system hdd. What can i do?

17. Praetor

You have all the Indeo codecs installed (3,4 and 5)

18. LooC

LooC Member

I have Indeo video 5.10 listed in device menager. I dont understand. What should I do?

19. alfonsas

alfonsas Guest

i love you guys now i can play the game....but there is another problem,when that woman in the game speak i dont hear anythink wat sound codec do i need to hear her?help...

20. LooC

LooC Member

At last. I managed to do it. GSpot helped localize troublesome codec.

But now I have a question to you because im not sure if I have all cutscenes. When you click New Game than sometimes just for sec I can see whole red screen but then it disappears and I can see merry-go-round from upper view.

Should there be a cutscene before this upper view with merry-go-round? I wouldn't like to miss some cutscenes so could you help me?