1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"SIM registration Failed"

Discussion in 'Nokia phones' started by tobi2yul, Jun 26, 2007.

1. tobi2yul

tobi2yul Regular member

Iv been using my nokia n80 for a few months now and this message came up one morning and I have no reception as well. I have tried my sim on other fones and it works fine but other "3" sims dont work. Any 1 got a clue lol

2. pito553

pito553 Member

so the sim works with other phones but the n80 doesn't work??? , ok, thats a bad sign you got your phone blacklisted on your service provider, call them to see whats going on, what happens most of the time, someone asks for your imei[for w/e reason] and you post it on the net, then either the person who asked you for it or someone else called your service provider and reported that imei as stolen or lost and the phone company's system will block your imei number from receiving signal, hoped it helped :)

3. tobi2yul

tobi2yul Regular member

Hey thanx for the info thats what I thought but iv never posted my imei on the net but the previous usewr might have as i bought it on ebay. What I dont get is y it was bloked now. Also I called the peeps at 3 and the guy said I might need to take it to a nokia repair centre or tell the guy I bought it from to call them up. He didnt say anythin bout it been blocked though which I thought he would. U know any tips to unblock fones?

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You can't, the IMEI is burned into the new phones! We used to be able to change them via software back in the 3310 days, but not anymore.

Sadly, the chances are that the phone you were sold was stolen! Check with your provider, and if so you can easily assist the police in a recovery effort! eBay is protected against this sort of thing. You'll get your money back!

5. tobi2yul

tobi2yul Regular member

Ok so how do I inform ebaay. the guy who I bought it from is still registered but hasn't replied my mails. The guy from 3 I called for some stupid reason did not verbally say this fone has been blocked bcause its lost or stolen. He asked me to contact the guy who sold me it and have him call them as im not the original buyer. Should not ghave told them i bought on ebay.

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Contact them via email and explain your situation. The techs are pretty helpful and ask them to advise you on a course of action!

7. tobi2yul

tobi2yul Regular member

ok thanx ill give it a try