1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SimCity 4 backup

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by drowningp, Apr 27, 2007.

1. drowningp

drowningp Member

I lost my SimCity4 a few months ago and downloaded it to back up and I don't know what to do haha.

This is what I have:
    SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition CD1.001
    SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition CD1.002
    SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition CD1.003
    SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition CD1.crc
    SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition CD2.001
    SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition CD2.002
    SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition CD2.003
    SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition CD2.crc

And I have no idea what to do. I have Daemon Tools and A120%. Any help? :p

2. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

those files are compressed RAR files. your going to need a program called winrar to open those files, and decompress, most probably resulting in an .ISO file which you can then burn.

3. drowningp

drowningp Member

Can you explain how I can decompress then because I have winrar and tried extracting them and everything but messed up. :p

4. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

right click on the file "SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition CD1.001" and select open with WinRar. Or you can open WinRar, and then just drag the file of the desktop (or wherever it is saved) into the WinRar window.

once the file opens, don't click on any of the individual files in the archive, at the top, there is a big button titled "Extract To"

click on that, it will bring up a dialog box simply asking where you'd like to extract it to. select somewhere easy to find and a place you won't forget (desktop is a good bet)

it should start decompressing the contents of the archive, and if done properly it should open up the following archives as well, ie .002 .003 etc.

once you have done that for the first disk, just repeat the process for the second disk.

5. drowningp

drowningp Member

Alright thanks, I did that. thanks abunch