1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SIMPLE GUIDE - MOST DVD-9 MOVIES TO ONE DVD+R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sublime77, Dec 8, 2002.

1. sublime77

sublime77 Member

That is true. Ya gotta have those files.

2. trashman

trashman Guest

ok.... It worked...well sort of...... I burned to a DVD+RW for testing.... But it froze and was choppy.... Of course this is after about 5 tries to strip and stuff..... Should I burn from a fresh boot??? Why would it be choppy? Should I try a different setting in Nero (full version)... Otherwise it worked great.... even the choppy version was better than any attempt I made with "the other program"...

3. sublime77

sublime77 Member

It shouldn't be choppy at all. If I have a problem, I always start over. Delete everything. Rerip and make sure you have all the files. If you follow the steps it will look and work perfectly.

4. trashman

trashman Guest

Just tried again....choppy choppy choppy....hmm... wonder what I am doing wrong..... Well...going back in for another try........

WISH ME LUCK!!!!!!!!

5. sublime77

sublime77 Member

Your ifo files are probably not matching. You may need to Get VTS Sectors or possibly create new ifo files and then Get VTS Sectors.

6. Alex0128

Alex0128 Member

I seem to be having the same problem as Davee on the previous page. I open VTS_08_0.ifo and go to strip stream, but I get the error "No Nav pack found in VOB file. Invalid VOB file".

The movie I'm attempting to backup is The Fast & The Furious. I ripped the folling files off the DVD:

VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VTS_08_0.IFO
    VTS_08_1.VOB
    VTS_08_2.VOB
    VTS_08_3.VOB
    VTS_08_4.VOB
    VTS_08_5.VOB

Now, I read the replies to Davee's post but dont fully understand what I've done wrong and how to correct it. Do I have to re-rip? If you guys could offer some guidance I would realy appreciate it. Thanks.

7. SMO6

SMO6 Member

sublime,

your instructions are were easy to follow until I got to the stripping part. After checking the English 6h audio stream and clicking 'strip it', I came to a new screen that lists all the VOB ID's. They are all unchecked and I want to assume that I need to check VOB ID 8 'cause it's the corresponding VOB ID. Am I correct? I'm going to do it and find out. I can always go back to the beginning of the IFO process anyway...

Please advise, thx.

8. sublime77

sublime77 Member

You checked off Strip Vobs...you don't want to check that off unless you're trying to get rid of the credit or FBI warnings to make the files just a little bit smaller. If you checked off all the ids then you won't have a problem.

9. sublime77

sublime77 Member

Hey Alex,

You need this file: VTS_08_0.BUP
    Gotta have the ifo and bup files for the VIDEO_TS and VTS movie files always.

10. SMO6

SMO6 Member

sublime,

So when that screen comes up, I want to have them all unchecked, correct?

I'll try again.

Thx.

11. Alex0128

Alex0128 Member

Thank you Sublime :) Do i have to rip it all over again or can i just rip that file and put it in my original dir?

12. SMO6

SMO6 Member

sublime,

hey there, me again. Your advice was correct. Thanks. I've a new question. When 'getting VTS sectors' I'm prompted w/ a new window that says: Process all IFO's? ATTN: This will automatically re-save IFO files. I answered yes (50 50 chance), was I correct in doing so?

Just a thought: Have you considered editing the original post? If it were more detailed you may recieve less email and have more time to do other things.....

13. Alex0128

Alex0128 Member

Well I'm guessing i have to re-rip it cause i got the same error message even after i added the file to the dir. Correct?

14. trashman

trashman Guest

OK... Great guide... Having problems tho that are unrelated to the guide.... Something in my system is making the burn come out choppy... Tried it several times.... the movie is there, sound is there, just about every ten seconds the movie locks up for about 4 seconds...then it unlocks for like 10 and then locks back up....

My question to you , the experts on this board....What could be going on in my sustem that could cause this??????? Here is my system layout...

AMD XP 2000+
    100 Gig HD (60 and and 40, both on same Cable, DVD is on its own cable, Both set to DMA.)
    512 SDRAM
    HP200i

Tried burning to a DVD+rw before I make a coaster.... Played in puter, choppy.....

Any ideas????

15. sublime77

sublime77 Member

-SMO6- Yes, Get VTS Sectors does resave your ifo files. And yes a revision is due...

16. sublime77

sublime77 Member

Alex0128, you should be able to just add the file to your folder. Get VTS Sectors or create new ifo files and then Get VTS Sectors. Just make sure to select both bups and both ifo files on your initial rip.

17. sublime77

sublime77 Member

trashman, my guess is that your problem is your ifo files. Create new ifo files, drop into your folder to replace the old ones. Get VTS Sectors and burn.

18. Rock6431

Rock6431 Guest

Sublime77,

Thanks for the advise. But I was entering and exiting the IFOedit on each occassion. Come to find out, IFOedit was not saving the corrected IFO over the existing one. I removed IFOedit095 and replaced it on 2 ocassions and it still did not overwrite the file. So... I formatted by whole OS, re-slammed the mother and voilla IFOedit works like it should. The only way I came across this, is that the VOB's and IFO's had yesterday's date on them and after I did Get VTS Sector's the IFO for the movie nor the bup for it changed. So, just in case you get further people complaining about their IFO's you might want to have them make a note of the date/time the corrected IFO is prior to and after performing the Get VTS Sectors, to make sure IFOedit actually saved the corrections.

Rock6431

19. sublime77

sublime77 Member

hmmm...Good job Rock. I revised this guide and separated the steps to make it a little simpler.

SIMPLE GUIDE - MOST DVD-9 MOVIES TO ONE DVD+R

Used: DVD Dycrypter 3.4.1.0
    Nero 5.9.9.14
    IFOEDIT 0.95

1. Insert the movie you want to copy into your dvd rom tray/rw tray and load DVD Dycrypter Choose "Mode/ISO/READ R". This will let you know if the DVD is a 1 layer or 2 layer disc(DVD5 or DVD9). If it is a 1 layer it will fit to one DVD+R and will be much simpler to burn. Read my DVD5 guide for details. Basically, most DVD5s you can rip and burn. Now choose "Mode/File F". We will be ripping and burning just the movie. Decrypter will highlight the correct title for you. You also need to rip the "bup" file for the title that the movie vob files are in and the main "VIDEO_TS.IFO and VIDEO_TS.BUP". Just hold down CTRL and click the additional files. You need to have all these files to burn a working disc. Example:

VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB

Click the large button on the left: DVD > Hard Drive when you're ready. Your movie title (VTS files) may be something other than 01 such as 02, etc.

2. Load IFOEDIT095 after files are copied to your hard drive. Also make a new folder for your soon to be edited files. Call it something different than the exact name of the movie so that you can differentiate between the two folders, such as Conair-2. We want to take out all the audio streams that we don't need so our files will be smaller and will fit to one disc. Click "open" and find your IFO file for the title (VTS_01_0.IFO). Now click "VOB Extras" and "Strip Streams". The default settings should work but also check off "Create New IFO Files". Make sure your destination folder is the one that you just created. Now click "OK". Now a new screen pops up and you need to check off the items that you want. I normally only check off the English 6 CH. because that is all I need. Now click "strip it". This may take about 45 minutes just like the original rip. When it is finished a box will say VOBpointers corrected. Click ok and close IFOEDIT. Streams are now stripped out.

3. Reload the program and "open" your new title IFO file from your new folder. Now click the button "get VTS sectors". IFOEDIT will change all your ifo files now. After this is done, you are ready to burn. Make sure that your new folder is less than 4.36 GB in size. If it is larger then you'll have to use a different guide to make 2 DVDs, strip Vobids, or compress the files.

4. Now assuming that all has gone well, you can load your Nero software and insert your blank media. I would suggest a current version of Nero because some older versions won't burn if it thinks there is an error, but you shouldn't see file reallocation errors when burning just the movie as discussed in this guide. You may see the errors when keeping menus and extra features. Click create a DVD/Other Formats/DVD-Video. Find your ripped/edited DVD files on the right and drop all the files in Nero's VIDEO_TS folder on the left. Check your settings and click burn. I used a +RW disc to make sure that my movies worked before burning to a +R disc. There it is, my revised simple guide.

20. SMO6

SMO6 Member

sublime,

I burned the DVD last night but could not watch it. I have a PS2 and a regular DVD player neither devices could view the movie. The PS2 gave me a disc read error and the DVD player said wrong disc.

There were two folders on the disc: VIDEO_TS and an audio folder. The required files were inthe TS folder but the Audio folder was empty.

Any ideas? I'm going to try and reburn the movie now and watch it on my lunch break.