1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SIMPLE GUIDE - MOST DVD-9 MOVIES TO ONE DVD+R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sublime77, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Alex0128

Alex0128 Member

Okay, I'm still getting the error "No Navigation-Pack found in VOB file(s)! Looks like you're dealing with invalid VOB file(s)."
    Im going to write exactly what I do from rip till I recieve the error.

1. I put the disk in (fast and the furious). I whip up DVD dycrypter and use READ R to find that its 2 layered. Then i go to mode FILE F and I rip the following files:

VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VTS_08_0.BUP
    VTS_08_0.IFO
    VTS_08_0.VOB
    VTS_08_1.VOB
    VTS_08_2.VOB
    VTS_08_3.VOB
    VTS_08_4.VOB
    VTS_08_5.VOB

Do I need VIDEO_TS.VOB?

Then I press DVD > HD

After the ripping is complete I start IFOEDIT v0.95 and i open the file VTS_08_0.IFO. Then i go to VOB EXTRAS and Check the following off.

- Strip Stream's
    - Strip VobID's
    - Correct Vob-Unit (navigation pack) pointers in vob-files... <--- error here?
    - Correct Original IFO files.
    - Create new IFO files. (movie only)
    - Remove P-UOps
    - Remove Macrovision
    - Adjust Vob-Unit Pointers
    - Adjust Audio/Subp point.

Does it matter what is checked off in my menu extras??

Then I click OK, I keep the dolby english and the english subpicture. Then hit strip. The other window pops up and i dont check off any of them and hit strip again. The process continues, and I recieve the error message: "No Navigation-Pack found in VOB file(s)! Looks like you're dealing with invalid VOB file(s)."

I'm sure i'm making a newbie mistake :p. help plz.

2. SMO6

SMO6 Member

sublime,

Where is your DVD5 guide anyway? I haven't read it yet.

3. sublime77

sublime77 Member

Alex,

Delete this file: VTS_08_0.VOB. This is probably the menu file and you don't need it. Plus it won't work without the VIDEO_TS.VOB. Never keep the 0.VOB when burning just the movie. It will work now. Get VTS Sectors and burn.

4. sublime77

sublime77 Member

SMO6,

If you followed the steps and didn't have any errors when burning, the disc should be good. Try using another DVD player or take the disc to Circuit City and try it on one of theirs. Not all DVD players will play DVDRs. My parents have a newer DVD player than me and it won't play DVDRs. Try another unit. It could be the media or the player.

5. SMO6

SMO6 Member

Hmmm, interesting. I didn't get any errors. I've been using a Pioneer DVR-105 DVD-RW and the RW disc that came w/ it. What brand of player have you been using to view your copys? I should be able to view my movie on the computer I'm using to burn. The drive is also a DVD ROM. I'm curious to know what is causing this incompatibility.

Plz shead more light if you can.

6. sublime77

sublime77 Member

SIMPLE GUIDE DVD-5 TO DVD+R

Used: DVD Dycrypter 3.4.1.0
    Nero 5

Insert the movie you want to copy into your dvd rom tray and load DVD Dycrypter Choose "Mode/ISO/READ R". This will let you know if the DVD is a 1 layer or 2 layer disc(DVD5 or DVD9). If it is a 1 layer it will fit to one DVD+R. Now choose "Mode/File F". Decrypter will highlight the movie for you. Highlight all files since it will fit to one disc. All the files together should be under 4.36 GB. Check the file size, destination and folder name that you want it to create to hold the files. Click the large DVD>Hard drive button. In about 35 minutes the movie will be on your hard drive. Insert your blank media and load your Nero software. Click create a DVD/Other Formats/DVD-Video. Find your ripped DVD files on the right and drop all the files in Nero's VIDEO_TS folder on the left. Check your settings and click burn. I used a +RW disc to make sure that my movies worked before burning to a +R disc. Simple rip and burn if the files are under 4.36GB

7. trashman

trashman Guest

SUblime, OK..... Tried it, still choppy... hmm.... It has to be in my system...what would make a DVD recorder lay down the files and make them choppy and or freeze..... I must figure this out...

HD are on DMA, Burner is only thing on its cable...... Hmmmm.... hmmmmm

8. Alex0128

Alex0128 Member

Ok sub, i took the file out... still got the error. i have VTS_08 one thru 5.VOBs VTS_08_0.IFO, VTS_08_0.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO, and VIDEO_TS.BUP.

Now let me go find a bridge to jump off...

9. SMO6

SMO6 Member

The movie I burnt (Princess Bride) works, kinda. I loaded the player that came w/ my DVD RW drive and I can view the movie w/ sound. The only problem is that it doesn't start up automatically. I have to browse to the first VOB file on the disc..... So the disc isn't initializing properly, I think. Comments regarding this would be appreciated although:

This is starting to piss me off! I just want to copy DVD's damnit! Why doesn't this work correctly!?!?!?!?

10. sublime77

sublime77 Member

Hey Alex,

When you strip your audio to a new folder, also click create new ifo files(movie only). This will rename/process the VOB files to the first title: VTS_01_1.VOB ...just follow the steps and you'll get it. When I would have a problem, I would delete all files and just start over.

11. Alex0128

Alex0128 Member

what? when do i strip audio? :confused:

12. sublime77

sublime77 Member

SMO6,

Not all movies autoplay for some reason on my computer, not even the real DVDs. Just click My computer then right click on your DVD drive. Click autoplay w/ whatever you have to play the disc with. I think most people rely on Power DVD. Download Power DVD 4 on Kazaa. It should autoplay in your stand alone DVD player! If it doesn't then something is wrong.

13. SMO6

SMO6 Member

Hey there.

I'm starting over again. So, I guess I'll see what happens. I'm also going to try seamonkey's guide. I'm having trouble finding DVDcalc. This program is supposed to be on doom9.net but I can't find it.

14. Alex0128

Alex0128 Member

Sub, could you somehow include some jpegs/screenshots of this stuff. Would be a lot easier for me, prolly lots other people to.. just an idea :)

Heres what mine looks like, tell me if you see something wrong:

Ripped Files: http://quietus.fluffypillo.ws/alex/videots.jpg

VOB Extras Menu: http://quietus.fluffypillo.ws/alex/vobextras.jpg

Strip Menu #1: http://quietus.fluffypillo.ws/alex/streamlist.jpg

Strip Menu #2: http://quietus.fluffypillo.ws/alex/streamlist2.jpg

Also, while i'm at it. When do i want to save? and Get VTS sectors?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2003
  15. trashman

trashman Guest

OK. this is a wierd one........ Read back in this post and you will see that I was making "backups" using a DVD+RW for testing reasons but the test always failed as the DVD+RW would lock up and freeze....

Well I said screw it..... Tried a DVD+R... I know I am cheap..... But anyway..... The thing worked....hmm......

Know of any reasons why a DVD+RW would lock up in my PC and DVD+R would play??? Now to find a player that will let me play this format....

Circuit city, COSTCO, sears, etc, here I come!!!!!!!

16. Annubis

Annubis Member

Hey sublime, I'm having the same problem as SMO6. Copy all files, burn, no problems at all. But the disc (DVD+R and DVD+RW) won't work in my Sony DVD player.

The thing is that I know DVDRs work in my player - I have burned DVD5 to a DVDR just fine, without problem and have burned home videos to a DVD+R without problem as well. For some reason, the way your guide shows won't work in my player. Any thoughts?????

Thanks!

Annubis

17. Alex0128

Alex0128 Member

DVD-Video isnt available in my nero. what version are you guys using?

18. sublime77

sublime77 Member

Annubis, is this the same kind of disc that played before. DVD players can be DVDR picky. Another type of media is all that I can say.

Get VTS Sectors very last before burning and you don't have to push the save button, it's automatically done at the end of each change.

I'm using Nero 5.9.9.14. U can find on Kazaa. A new version is best because it will let you burn even if it thinks there is an error if you split a DVD.

19. Alex0128

Alex0128 Member

bleh, i burned the cd and my DVD player says disk error, please check cd. Also, my DVD-rom wont play it either :( possible solutions?

20. Annubis

Annubis Member

sublime77 - What do you mean by "Get VTS Sectors very last before burning and you don't have to push the save button, it's automatically done at the end of each change."

Once I strip the streams, I close IFO then reopen and click Get VTS Sectors, then open up NERO and burn. Is that what you are saying to do in the statmenet?

Yes it is the same media (Memorex) that I used with a DVD5 backup that worked perfectly.

I'll check out the new version on NERO and report back, please let me know about the clairification on the statment.

Thanks alot for your help - bigtime!