1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SIMPLE GUIDE - MOST DVD-9 MOVIES TO ONE DVD+R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sublime77, Dec 8, 2002.

1. jayfyve

jayfyve Guest

What if the files DVD Decryptor is choosing are wrong? I only want the 16:9 version of the film and it's picking the 4:3 vobs instead. Can I Rip the whole dvd, then manually delete the vobs I don't want and use ifoedit to patch it up? If so, is it the same method as the quick guide at the first of this post?

Thanks
    J5

2. sublime77

sublime77 Member

Yep, just make sure you have the bups and ifo files.

3. sublime77

sublime77 Member

Annubis, you could have just gotten a bad burn, that happens. That's my guess. Get VTS Sectors is the last thing you do before burning, yes.

4. jayfyve

jayfyve Guest

sublime77

Thanks, do I need the BUPs and IFOs of the VOBs I delete?

5. sublime77

sublime77 Member

As the first example I gave on page 1, you only need the bups and ifos for the title and the disc, such as:
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP

6. jayfyve

jayfyve Guest

ok, I underconstumble... ;)

So, if all I want to do is keep the exact same DVD structure, but remove the 4:3 version, I assume this is a much more involved process? How can I rip out one specific portion of a DVD, or can you point me toward a good guide on how to do this?

Thanks,
    J5

7. thejjs

thejjs Guest

does anyone have the problem of freeze up at the fbi warning. When this happens i have to press stop the press menu to bypass it.

thejjs

8. sublime77

sublime77 Member

jayfyve, rip everything w/ Decrypter except the other version....Open movie title w/ Ifoedit and Get VTS Sectors then burn.

9. jayfyve

jayfyve Guest

Sublime77,

Hmmm, tried that and it didn't work for me... I might have pushed the wrong button or something tho.. I'll try again and it will probably work great! Thanks for all the help...

10. Marcoabc

Marcoabc Member

Tried it on Carlito's Way(PAL) removed other langauges barely reduced VOB's by anything anyone tried this disk don't want to split it too lazy to get up

11. SMO6

SMO6 Member

sublime,

I was finally successful last night! The problem was the version of Nero I was using. I was looking through another set of threads yesterday and found this:

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/0,fid,7565,fileidx,1,00.asp

I also found a key generator for it on Kazaa! I want to thank you for all the help you gave me. Thanks alot! Now that I've figured out DVD's I'm off to back up my PS2 games and hopefully XBOX games after that.

Thanks again!

12. sublime77

sublime77 Member

Thanks SMO6, if you make a ps2 copy guide or find a good one private message it to me for my brother. Good luck

13. Pirelli

Pirelli Member

Everything works well for me with this guide but how can I keep the menu. Do I just add it before doing get vts sectors or what ???

14. T2K

T2K Guest

I had a version of nero once that had a dvd interface wizzard in it. cant find it now, I would like have it again, does any one know what version of nero it is???

15. foosh

foosh Member

is there a way to compress a DVD-9 to a DVD-5 and STILL keep the menus? a dvd with no menus is a vhs tape on dvd media.

16. sublime77

sublime77 Member

Pirelli, you can add the menu and all other files but, it can sometimes cause problems with play back plus ya gotta stay under 4.36 GB.

17. sublime77

sublime77 Member

T2K, I use Nero 5.9.9.14 because it lets you burn even when it thinks that there are errors. You can find on Kazaa....it has the wizard.

18. sublime77

sublime77 Member

19. WalterPK

WalterPK Member

Sublime, good guide. One Q though, is the ifoedit program compatible with windows XP? I was told that it aint.

Thanks

20. mikeh4692

mikeh4692 Member

ifoedit 0.95 does not have any operating probs with XP , I use it and havent had a problem so far , I ripp dvd9-dvd5 , use the guide on doom 9 with dvd maestro ,cce ,ifoupdate , ifoedit, havent tried reauthoring with ifoedit though ,
    very good back ups