1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SIMPLE GUIDE - MOST DVD-9 MOVIES TO ONE DVD+R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sublime77, Dec 8, 2002.

1. trashman

trashman Guest

Trying to get this to work. Following the guide word for word. Problem comes up when I go to burn.

I try to use a DVD+RW to practice on but when I play it back in my HPdvd200i it freezes, then plays and then freezes....

Any ideas what this could be?????

2. 0101

0101 Member

Trashman

i would guess its the media you are using,try using a dvdr with a ritek dye - traxdata etc.
    if conflicts are a problem download windows installer

someone asked for DVDR Calc: www.dvdr-digest.com

Last edited: Jan 29, 2003
  3. sublime77

sublime77 Member

WalterPK, I have Win XP w/ sp1 and it works fine for me.

4. WalterPK

WalterPK Member

thanks for the responses people, much appreciated

5. WalterPK

WalterPK Member

Hello, Confused about re-encoding. Followed Sublime's guide using DVD Deryptor & Ifoedit and it worked a treat. New file size is now 5.3Gb.

Q1) I need a free re-encoder, which is the best one to use?

Q2) My blank DVD+R disk is 4.7Gb (120 mins)but i've been reading the file size has to be below 4.36Gb, why? Do i need to take this into account if using a bitrate calculator? ( Just read about it, never used one)

NB Already stripped out all the unrequired stuff,and movie plays well (and in sync) from my harddrive,

Thanks in advance

6. thejjs

thejjs Guest

about 1 hr into movies thay start acting like they are fastforwarding. Anyone else had this prob?

7. T2K

T2K Guest

most of the time iv found that if you get just the main movie files (just the movie) then edit the first and last .vob's cuting the ending credits and begining intro this allows you to fit the movie to disk. not very complicated at all.

8. trashman

trashman Guest

OK, followed the guide, burned to a DVD+R (HP200i) and it plays perfectly in the HP. I tried every stand alone I could find and get disk errors. (Walked up and down my street asking neighbors if I could try something, laugh)

I am using a full registered version of Nero 5.5.10. I clicked on DVD/DVD VIDEO and just clicked burn. (Also got the latest firmware and DLA is removed.)

Do I need to change any of the ISO settings or anything in Nero? Tried the disk in a sony, toshiba and a panasonic that are supposed to be able to read the media, all with no luck.

Also other than using Nero is there another way to burn these files to a DVD+R, something along the lines of the software that came with the HP burner or something like DVDit.

Any ideas???? Thanks in advance.

AMD XP2000+
    768 DDR
    100 gig HD
    HP200i

9. trashman

trashman Guest

Found a website that said Nero v. 5.5.10 has a bug in it that prevents it from playing in stand alone players. Anyone else know of this????

Here is what it said..

I don't know what this message means (anybody who can shed any light please let me know)
    The next step is to Copy all the files into a folder called VIDEO_TS and burn this folder with your DVD software tool, I use Nero 5.5.9 (Not Nero 10 this has a bug that will not allow you copies to work on your standalone DVD) but its your choice. check out other forums to see how to burn using different apps.
    I have also just used ifoedit and clicked on the DVD Image button, this creates a DVD image that can be burnt back using DVDDecrypter.

10. mr_rice

mr_rice Member

great guide sublime 77

but can anyone tell me how i can apply this to copying a DVD with seperate episodes? I am trying to backup The Office complete first series. There are 6 episodes, and i think 8 different sets of VOBs. DVD Decrypter picks out set 6 as the 'main movie', but i need to have other sets to get the other episodes. I don't mind spreading the episodes over 2 discs,any ideas?

11. 0101

0101 Member

mr_rice

First you need to rip the vobs from each episode and place them into seperate folders (ep1 - ep2 etc) so you know which is which.

Goto - www.ifoedit.com - "GUIDES"
    Check out - Joining VOB files (Clips) to one DVD-R (with VobEdit)

THEN - Create complete new IFO files for a set of VOB files

Last edited: Jan 29, 2003
  12. trashman

trashman Guest

OK I am at a loss, Can not get this to work. It has to be something I am doing wrong.

I put DVD in drive (HP200i, only thing on cable set to master, DLA is removed, latest firmware installed).

I open DVD Decryptor and select the files I need according to the guide and decrypt them to a folder.

When that is done I close DVD Decryptor and open IFOedit. I also create a new flder named so I can find it easily. I find the IFO file and click get VOB extras and then strip it. I select the audio and the vobs and go for it. After that is done I restart IFOEdit and get VTS sectors and answer yes to everything.

All of that goes well. I open Nero 5.5.9 (full registered version) and click wizard. DVD Video, add the files to the VIDEO_TS folder Nero made and burn.

Now that is where things go down hill. If I burn to a DVD+RW, works just fine plays back just wonderful. Problem is I want to burn to a DVD+R. IF I do that I get a C:13 error on my Sony DVP-NS715P stand alone player.

My question is this, Is there something else I need to do in Nero to finalize it? From what I am saying am I missing anything? Please help if you can.

Thanks.

13. sublime77

sublime77 Member

If the burn works on a +RW and not on a +R then I would say it is the media. Check into new discs or a player. Maybe try your burned +R disc at an electronics store's DVD players to make sure the disc is good and check out a new player. That would be my next step.

14. 0101

0101 Member

mr_rice

what you could do is just rip the movie files
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    etc for each episode (i use claddvd for this) - then use guides as stated above to join vobs & create complete new IFO files for a set of VOB files.once done use vobrator to check which ID's need to be kept & ifoedit to strip.

15. T2K

T2K Guest

has any one tried dvd2one yet??

16. mikeh4692

mikeh4692 Member

yeah it very fast and the quality is ok , up there with rempeg any way, costs $42 and takes about 30 mins to re-encode, it will put any movie only onto a 4.7 gb disc no probs , BTW when is this thread going to end :0)

17. sublime77

sublime77 Member

This thread will never end...Woohahaaa haaaa

18. T2K

T2K Guest

hehe

19. WalterPK

WalterPK Member

Anyone tried burning a dvd using the ifoedit route? interested to see what u say,

Walt

20. niclas

niclas Member

hello
    i hope anyone can help me with this,
    i hade read the

simple guide and anithin else in this forum , but i cant still make any dvd that are palyable on the ps2 or the original dvd player,
    i have used the dvd decrypter, infoedit, and nero 5.5.10, but the dvd burner pioneer dvr a05, allways cuts the burning off,
    it says that its something wrong with the compilation, i have made all kinds of changes , please help me, i have tested to burn it on the dvd-rw, but it can only be played if i search the disk for the vob files, it says that its not a dvd disk
    any suggestions?
    buy the way were is the (set VTS sectors) button lokated i have only found a get vts sector button on my version