1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

simple question/ please HELP me

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by Spyder22, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

when i go to play online games from sites such as miniclip.com and addictinggames.com a seperate window comes up when i click on the game i want to play. The seprate window that comes up is the window that i use to play the game that i have selected. But when the game loads in that window there is no scroll bar on the right side of the screen for me to scroll up and down with. This results in the bottom part of the game being cut off so i cant see it. Is there any way i can fix this.

i am using internet explorer to open the game with
    i have the shockwave software that is required to play the games
    i am using windows xp home edition

Can someone please help me out

2. makojuice

makojuice Member

sounds to me that its has to due with your internet options ..
    the games that you speak of .. do they run on java script .. ?
    i havent played the games myself so i dont know how much help i can be but ... i can almost bet you it has to with either active x controls or java script .. if thats not the case it could always be the server .. god i hate java .. its like tapes vs cds lol..
    if its not java. then check your privacy settings .. it may need to download certain cookies to run it or it could be a pop up blocker if it is java .. do you have any kind of internet security ..?...
    could be that as well .. or .. try and reload your shock wave software and see if that helps ... hope i could be of some help ..
    later.

3. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

try changing your screen resolution to a higher setting at minimum 1027 x 768 (if youre not already using a setting like that).

and ill tell you this as a little piece of preventative maintenacne.

if you keep on playing on games sites like miniclip you will be back here asking how to get rid of all the spyware thats made its way onto your system within weeks.

id keep your anti virus and anti spyware software up 2 date. and unless you just dont care id stay away from miniclip.com

4. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

i changed my screen resolution to what you said and everything works perfectly now :)

i do have a couple antispyware/ antivirus programs

thanks for the info and help