1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SIMPLE SOUNDCARD

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by mvyvoda, Apr 4, 2005.

1. mvyvoda

mvyvoda Member

greetings,

i'm looking for a sound card. all i want to do is play my music through my receiver. i know there is stuff out there for mp3's, but i want to play streaming xm music. so, a device like squeezebox from slimdevices.com won't work. is the best option just a sound card with analog rca output that could go to my receiver? if so, can you recommend something meduim quality, fair price and standard features?

thanks,
    mark

2. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

I can't think of any specific cards off the top of my head but you should check out newegg.com. It had anything you could think of relating to computers and its cheap!!! The shipping is fast, also. They're a reputable site.

3. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

sry. double psot

Last edited: Apr 4, 2005
  4. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

chances are your PC has a sound card in it already. SO I would just grab a headphone jack to RCA cord and plug that right into the amp. Just make sure the master volume on the PC is set only to about half, and then adjust the sound on the amp for your volume level. The cord should cost you no more than $3 - $5.

5. mvyvoda

mvyvoda Member

oh yeah, that makes sense... duh! thanks.

6. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

no problem.