1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple Xbox Modchip questions

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by nomi, Jan 25, 2005.

1. nomi

nomi Member

I just purchased an xbox, and I wanted to Mod it since there is no warranty on this one to start of with (eBay). My first question is what is the best non-solder modchip since I am scared of soldering a chip on to it?
    What are the drawbacks of having a non-solder chip and where the is the best place to buy it from using PayPal while living in Canada?

Thankyou!

2. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

well, to my knowledge, the xecuter 3 works on all versions, has a non-solder kit, and a lot of nice features. i don't know of any drawbacks to a non-solder kit.

as for the best place to buy, i haven't bought a modchip in over a year, so youre on your own. check these forums. i know i've seen that question a lot.

3. nomi

nomi Member

Thankyou, I just bought one from mod-chip.com and I bought a Spider No Solder modchip, compatible with v1.0-1.6 Pal/NTSC. Does that sound alright?

4. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

sounds alright to me.

5. BigDJ163

BigDJ163 Member

hey big_g-man, which modchip would you recommend, the Xecuter3 or the Xenium ICE?

6. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

i personally have had no experience with either modchip. i have read a little about them and they seem to be very similar as far as features available and so on. the X3 does have many options for external mods such as lcd's, switch panels, etc. i've heard many good things about both. take into consideration the price and options available for both chips. don't worry though, both chips will get your xbox modded and both will work very well.