1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sims 2 issue and Piracy Act/ Forum Rules...Legit question about V1.0.0.1022

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by isocuda, Jan 26, 2008.

1. isocuda

isocuda Member

Ok so I went to the store awhile ago and installed Sims 2, bought a new computer a year later, managed to step on the box and shattered the #1 CD out of 4.

My issue is I'm not the first to have this problem, yet it's not allowed to be discussed here.

What I did was I went online downloaded the ISO and burnt the #1 CD, which was version 1.0.0.1022, What I was going to ask on this forum was
    about a program issue, not illegal copying....

I want to know why my burnt CD works fine like my original CD, starting the install, and has no issues completing the install...

BUT, when I go to start the program it says insert Disc #1, ok fine no problem, it worked fine up till this point.

"Unable to find CD, Open and reinsert CD #1, Click OK to Retry"
    I did it, and it happens again and again.....

COULD IT BE, that my store bought 2 through 4 Disc's be an older version, and the Burnt disc saying updated 1.0.0.1022 be the problem

(Or should I download [yes via LimeWire] the old 1.0.0.939 (or whatever the number is) then reupdate it via EA Games

ANy help would be great, I apologize for the length of my Post, I tend to be very detailed to help avoid irrelevant answers

Thanks

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

The problem is games have more encryption's and protections on them than commercial DVD movies and the like.
    Since they don't have to operated on stand alone machines,
    They can use better encryption methods, to deter people
    from trying to copy/pirate there software,

Most likely why its coming up that way is whoever made the
    original image you downloaded did not emulate the protections
    properly and the game knows its not the original disk.

Normally one of the disks has uber encryption on it, and had to be inserted for the game to play, Just to verify that you own the original.

In this case it is disk 1 (which installs fine, so the disk is valid)
    But when the game checks to make sure its authentic, it doesn't pass.

"game jackal" is the solution that I see,

http://www.slysoft.com/en/gamejackal.html

Which is made now by Slysoft, the maker of Anydvd / clonedvd
    And DVD mobile (among others) That is top notch software and
    a very good company that stands by there products and offers free lifetime updates,

I have another FREE alternative as well, Even though you OWN the software, others might not , And it could be used in bad ways, and would be against the forums rules,
    So I cant post it here anyway.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008