1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sims 2 problem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by prncess21, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prncess21

prncess21 Member

Hello,
    Hopefully this is the right place to post this, if not my apologies.

Anyway, my question is that i downloaded sims 2 off DC (direct connect)...it is the full version, setup is great. However when i try to play the game it says cannot find sims 2 cd or insert sims 2 cd...i dont have the cd....how do i play it? please help.

2. prncess21

prncess21 Member

AHHH sorry...i accidently hit submit until AFTER i read the thing about no piracy stuff. SORRRY!

3. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

accually i think were allowed to talk about that...
    Case: Discussion about copy protection circumvention in general (extracting encrypted content, such as DVD movies, compact discs, copy protected console and computer software, using existing software). PERMITTED
    if u just mount the image of disc one with daemon tools, it should run fine.
    if this is against the rules please tell me.

4. philipman

philipman Regular member

I think that it is ok to talk about it now.

5. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

that what i thought but i wasnt sure

6. prncess21

prncess21 Member

okay...sinc eits okay...here it goes...
    the file is an img so yes i used daemon tools to INSTALL it...when i want to play the game, i just go to start--maxis-sims 2 and it gives me the no cd error....are you saying to also run the game via daemon tools?

7. prncess21

prncess21 Member

okay...i installed it and tried to run it through daemon tools but doesn't work. when i inserted the crack, i get a blank box with a red x in it so i cant even read what it says. ARGH! help

8. Minion

Minion Senior member

Have you downloaded the Correct "No-CD Patch" for the Version you have??
    You can Pick up No-CD Patches for most all Games at GameCopyWorld.com , I got the Sims 2 No-CD Patch there for the Version I have it and works Fine (Don"t like the Game at all Though)...
    You gotta Make sure you get the Correct No-CD patch because the Patch for the CD version doesn"t work with the DVD Version and Visa Versa and there is a Different Patch for every update....

Cheers

9. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

The only problem with the patch is that you can't access build mode in the game. Also, the save function in disabled unless you hit quit and it asks you if u would like to save.

10. prncess21

prncess21 Member

okay...i didnt know that was a specific patch for each version...so my question is....

i downloaded the patch for my version...and it still didnt work, but i already ha dthe crack installed BEFORE i installed the patch...bad?

so....should i uninstall then reinstall the sims 2? and then should i or should i not install the crack??? If so, before or after the patch is installed? hope that makes sense.

thanks.

also...how do u get build mode back. i read on other forums that people who had build mode disabeled...when they restarted it was fine.

11. godam

godam Guest

daemon works perfect and you can build

12. prncess21

prncess21 Member

wow okay i am waaayyy confused.

what should i do after i install the game?

13. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

when you downloaded the game wat type of files were they in...im assuming they were a .iso or .img file. If you download daemon tools after you install the game and use the program to mount the first image it should run fine.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2005
  14. prncess21

prncess21 Member

well, there are 4 cd's/folders ( i havne't burned the game on the cd's yet)

each cd has a bin file and a cue file.

the cue file is about 1KB whereas the BIN file is the actual game at 757,344 KB (CD 1), 764,463 KB (CD 2 and 3) and 563,757 KB (CD 4).

There is also a crack folder with the following items in it:
    Sims2 Application
    mo-s2crk
    mo-s2crk.sfv

DAEMON TOOLS comes in when i mount the image to a virtual drive instead of using of 4 cd's.

15. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

so once you install the game, all you have to do is mount the .cue file with Daemon Tools and it should run. you dont have to worry about the crack

16. prncess21

prncess21 Member

mount the CUE file??? But its soo small....u sure i am supposed to mount the CUE file after installation? Cue file from which cd?

17. godam

godam Guest

Take the file off the cd, should be a mds type file and a mdf. Use daemon to mount the image. I usually mount it on my desktop (easy to find place) then open daemon look for the file on my desktop in the dropdown pick the file and mount it.

18. prncess21

prncess21 Member

" Take the file off the cd, should be a mds type file and a mdf."

They arent on a cd. it is still on my HD, just into folders named cd1, cd 2 etc.

and what mds or mdf file...all i have is a bin and a cue.

19. godam

godam Guest

email me at gmman1212@yahoo.com and I will go through it with you. I don't know if I can post in the forum what you need to do.

20. Minion

Minion Senior member

I had no Problems at all Installing this Game...I downloaded it as 4 Bin/Cue Files so I just used Alcohol 120% to Mount the First Image and Installed it and then when it asked to Put in Disk 2 I unmounted Disk 1 and Mounted Disk 2 and then continued Installing and then repeated with Disk 3 and Disk 4...

Then after Installing I use a NO-CD Patch that I got at GameCopyWorld.com and Put it in the Sims 2 Install Directory and Overwrote the Original EXE file....

I then started the Game and It runs No problem...I don"t much Like the Game But it works Fine....

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.