1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sims 2 too big for dvd

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by oldhalvy, Mar 14, 2005.

1. oldhalvy

oldhalvy Member

I have the sims 2 and other DVD game iso files. I want to burn them on to a dvd but it says that there is not enough space on the disk. Is there something I can do to fix this or some program that I can use to make it work?

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Are you trying to burn more than one game onto a single DVDR? I've heard that's possible but it's not too easy. I just do one game apiece.

3. jugbugs

jugbugs Member

What I ended up doing for sims 2 is doing a FULL install using the original disk then using alcohol 120% to make a virtual sims disk on my HDD so that the game would run w/o the DVD in the drive. There are plenty of tutorials online if you just look.

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

are you talking about a PC game? I thought you were talking about a PS2 game for some reason. My bad. I really don't know enough about that one to answer your question accurately.

5. oldhalvy

oldhalvy Member

to clarify I want to put one game on one DVD disk. I would do the virtual drive with Alcohol but EA games detects the emulation software. And anyways I still want to put it on a DVD disk. So is it possible to put this single game (that I have an iso file for) on to a standard 4.7 gb DVD.

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I take it you're using A120 to burn the ISO? You may want to disable A120's virtual drive and use Daemon Tools to mount thew image since it gets detected by SafeDisc 3.20.022 much less.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  7. thebigbos

thebigbos Member

I must agree with Nephilim. It is better to use Deamon tools but there is one problem however. YOU MUST REMOVE CLONE-CD AND CLONED-DVD from your system. Deamon tools will not work if these programs are installed

8. Nephilim

Good point. Also, of all the apps used for games and such Clone CD gets blacklisted the most.

9. oldhalvy

oldhalvy Member

ok so that might be how I make it possible to play on my computer. But how do I go about putting the game on a DVD so it is playable in other computers.

10. Nephilim

I don't mess with downloaded games so I don't know what to tell you.

11. thebigbos

thebigbos Member

I cant help you with this one. I use sims2 on cd not dvd.Have you tried to zip it and then copy it to dvd an just install it on the other pc

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  12. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

You cannot make a DVD backup (as of yet) as no program can write the protection back to a dvd format.

The only way to play with out the disc is what -Nephilim- stated in his previous post.
    I think all Safedisc DVD games are this way...mount with Daemon tools.