1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"SIN CITY" for DVD-RB Pro + CCE Users

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Junglecat, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Junglecat

Junglecat Guest

Hello All,

Just wondering if any DVD-RB Pro + CCE Users, would care to share their results for "Sin City"
    Being a black, white and grey movie with virtually no colour, and having a high compression in order to fit onto a DVD 5, I am very curious to see if other user's achieved good results while using DVD-RB Pro + CCE?
    Anyone who has backed it up, let me know if you were pleased, or not, with your results.
    Just curious to see the results of other user's, for black and white films like this and/or mono-chromatic films in general.

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I've backed up a few B&W movies and it works very well. Keep in mind that without color the bitrate required is drastically reduced because only the luma (Y) plane ever changes. For pure B&W I always add the Greyscale filter to the AviSynth scripts because it gets rid of any dirt or noise that may be in the original (and therefore may add color to it). For Sin City that obviously wouldn't work (at least not for every segment) because of the color added as highlights for different scenes.

3. Junglecat

Junglecat Guest

Thanks for the info vurbal. Very interesting you always add the Greyscale filter. I'll look into it and give it a go. I have tried the Undot & Deen filters before, and did notice a slight difference to the picture quality particularly on the older films like 'The Abyss' where it is a very 'dirty' looking picture.
    Are there any other filters you recommend for mono-chromatic films, such as 'Minority Report' and the like?

4. drunkfish

drunkfish Member

I got excellent results with sin city. Looks excellent.
    Used 3 pass cce.