1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Singles 2 Graphics .. no player models

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by sasha1303, Dec 4, 2005.

1. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

My cousin gave me a game called Singles 2... i havent heard much about it .. but wen i start the game .. all i can see is the players Eye lashes , tongue and teeth .. i set all graphics to low , i got the latest driver from Nvidia (81.95) and direct X 9.0c AND STILL nothing , can some1 plz help me . oh and yes i did update to the latest version as well

2. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

Well...what kind of graphics card do you have?

Maybe the copy your cousin gave you wasnt a good copy...

3. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

i ment original copy

4. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

Wow, your sig is ironic :) :)

5. sledrick

sledrick Member

man, i got the samething, buuuut!! before i updated my drivers for my card GeForce 6600 it worked fine! so i think there is something wrong with the new drivers.. if you have or anyone else knows of how to solve please let me know!

6. Sark

Sark Guest

Yes, the bug is in the graphics driver, not the program, or rather incompatability between the program and the new Nvidia "Forceware" coding. Basically, you'll have to roll back your drivers to make the game work. This is not as bad as it seems, trust me, as you'll probably clear out a lot of other graphics bugs in other programs as well (Remember, never buy anything with a low serial number. "Obsolete" is just techspeak for "we finally worked all the bugs out.")

Solution (easier than it sounds, trust me):

Step #1) Go to Guru3D.com and get their Driver Cleaner Pro software. It's free. The specific file is called DCProSetup_12-(Guru3D.com).exe

Step #2) Run this program and be sure to select multiple drivers using and using the "Add" button to list anything & everything with the words Nvidia in front of it.

Step #3) Go to your Control Panel and go to Add/Remove Software. Tell it to remove your Nvidia Display Drivers. They already have been removed by the DCPro, and it will tell you this, but this extra step is a precaution to help ferret out any remaining registry entries that have escaped it.

Step #4) Go to ->

http://www.3dchipset.com/drivers/nvidia/official/nt5/index.php

This is a handy archive of pretty much every Nvidia driver released in the last two years or so. Though they all say Forceware, in reality they're not all Forceware. Only the ones with a number higher than 77.77 are Forceware, the rest are just old fashioned Nvidia drivers - which work right. Thus, the one you want is number 77.77, if I remember correctly. The file you donwload will be called "77.77_Winxp2k_english_whql.exe"

Step #5) Install your shiny, old bug-free driver. It will require a restart of your computer once done, but that's no big deal.

You should now see the game running smoothly and without any further graphics glitches either within the game or on your desktop.

I also must emphasize the importance of using the DCPro software first. You can NOT overlay old drivers on top of new ones - they program will refuse to cooperate. It will say it did, but in reality it will have done nothing but left the original drivers in place (just like DirectX does). Hence, wipe out all you old drivers to the last byte before rolling back & reinstalling your 77.77 drivers onto your system.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2005