1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Site Attack?

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by homesick, Apr 21, 2009.

1. varnull

varnull Guest

I don't need one.. I have a secure OS which I am in control of.. not M$ and the malware writers.

I haven't had a redirect since the first one.. and I have cleared all the cookies out and checked my browser sigs.

Think the consensus is the flash based ads. A damn good reason to use noscript and adblock IMHO. The owners may moan.. but if their site is spreading malware and causing damage through the multitude of pop up and flash ads they want to get it fixed before people start listing it on the google bad sites lists.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2009
  2. homesick

homesick Regular member

hopefully some well known eyes are reading this.

3. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

I was refering to the users that are trusting windows defender, Norton, Avast, Trend, and other such scanners to secure windows. Yes, linux is more secure than windows...and not just because linux won't run most windows software...but some of us need windows to run software that does not exist in linux, even with windows emulation. Others just don't feel like learning a new operating system that does nothing more than what their existing operating system does. These people then blame others (such as afterdawn) when they get infected with viruses and spyware despite the fact that they do not take proper preventative measures.

4. varnull

varnull Guest

well.. if that's the case then why was I redirected that first time?.. to a very similar google blocked site (harmful) page.

what's wrong with using a safe OS for browsing the net.. and whatever the hell you want which can be as insecure as you like for other things?.. not that I have any need at all for proprietary software thanks.. the nokia phone software for linux is far better than the official windoze only stuff from nokia with all it's drm and protection of their ringtones and junk in it... my scanner and printer aren't even supported for XP.. hahahahaha

where is the "better" in the pro M$ statements? I still can't see it.

just because mcdonalds is everywhere doesn't make it better.. doesn't even make it good.. just makes it everywhere :lol:

5. nyk0n

nyk0n Regular member

Chances are the webmaster uses norton (which sucks by the way,i highly suggest Kaspersky Internet Security,let me know i have a few copies lying around), and the site got bugged or it was yet another screwup from Norton..if not that i would update security proticols....as i am not 100% sure what the deal is i would suggest having an admin or the webmaster PM me and i can get to work on drawing up a price list for security scans that should fix it...if not then i have no idea...here is my email: *email removed*

yall take care

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  6. nyk0n

nyk0n Regular member

oh and i forgot to mention:

1. i have been a CEH for 3 years so dont think you are getting some fly by night security tech that and i am microshit cerified :)

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Email removed, Forum Rules are in my signature.

8. homesick

homesick Regular member

The proper term would be a+ certified.

9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

nyk0n, i think the admins know alot more about software then you do. that a+ certification doesn't always mean something as have dealt with some individuals with it & not know what they are doing.

10. creaky

That's a good actually ddp, half the known world claim to be MCSE or whatever qualified (they most likely are) but when everybody and his neighbour have those bits of paper it doesn't really mean a great deal.

(you can tell i'm from the *nix world eh) :)

11. ddp

i have no certifications except thru the school of hard knocks.

12. creaky

Same here, other than standard school exams.

/on topic - no 'Site attacks' here, my surfing habits just don't allow me to be vulnerable to anything, no matter how hard i try.
    I've been tweaking my main linux machine all day, just about to put 'Clam' on there for virus duties, not that Linux needs a virus checker :)

13. ddp

i haven't had a problem yet on old system & now upgraded system. i don't have popup killer installed yet on upgraded system but did on old system. running xp pro sp2 with ie6.