1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sitting Range

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by Flameon, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Flameon

Flameon Member

Hi, I have a 37" LCD 720p/1080i HDTV, I was wondering what the sitting range I should sit at to get the most out of it. I was thinking 3ft-5ft but I donno really.

2. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Hello. I usually sit about 7 or 8 feet away and looks great. Mine is a 30 inch. Since yours is bigger, you could probably try about 10 ft. Hope this helps.

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I'm about 10 ft away from a 40".

4. 0208psp

0208psp Member

i sit away like 7 feet from a 50".

5. kg2

kg2 Member

i thought one was supposed to sit approxmately twice the length of the screen's diagonal measurement for optimal viewing (i.e. 80 inches away/6.5 feet for a 40 inch screen).

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@kg2

Obviously you are not married! The TV and chair go where she decides they need to be (no tape measure is allowed), little input is sought from the actual viewer of such; although he does get to select the TV. LMAO

7. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

garmoon- Spoken like a true member of the Domesticated Herd ! Yeah me too ! The Furniture positioning Doctrine is a Sub Corrolary of The Wifey Factor ! - To wit The Beloved MRS. Decides that Your current Media system -Et:al Stereo /TV audio system isn't right The Speakers are too Big , Screen too small or The entertainment Center takes up too much Room ? Although this can be fertile Grounds for Arguments / er' I mean Enlightened Discussion if one plays ones cards right ? You can use this as a basis to Upgrade - Your Speakers , Screen , system ect.... all the while letter her enjoy the Idea that She has won The battle ( It was her Idea after all !!!) While you inwardly Snicker having one the War !!!! Practically a win win situation ? LOL ! See ya at the lodge meetings LOL! later !

8. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2007
  9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@diabolos

good one

Incredible site. I can't believe they actually have a calulator site just to tell me where to sit to enjoy the pix on my set. I figure after having entered the data and waited for a reply it would be time to buy a new one! I think I'll just go in the den and move around til I find my chair, where the wife put it. It's not worth the argument and it's a beautiful pix from there anyway-10ft 40" about 15deg angle. LMAO

10. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Another simple chart from Crutchfield advisor

Image structre, pixel size etc. are important considerations which people often fail to take into account when buying the TV in the first place. five feet is fine for some TVs while for others, the individual pixels get more of your attention than the movie or show.

11. kg2

kg2 Member

@garmoon - excellent point! if you really want to irritate the wife i suppose you could name your tv an exotic girl's name.

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@kg2

Nope I'm not crazy. Don't want to irritate the wife for she takes very good care of me. I'm enough of an irritation as is. LMAO

13. Flameon

Flameon Member

I'm only 15 and this is in my room so yeah its my choose. I only play video games running at 720p.