1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

size of hdtv for wii?

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by johnny412, Nov 24, 2009.

1. johnny412

johnny412 Regular member

I want to get my 10 year old an hdtv for Christmas. He has sdtv satellite and a wii in his room. We had the wii on the 42" in the living room and it looked terrible. Im wondering if the wii would look better on a smaller tv (26" or 32")? Also, im worried about him playing rough when his friends come over and breaking the tv. Would a 26" be less likely to break than a 32"?

2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Mount a sheet of Plexi-glass in front of your TV, space it about an inch in front of the screen. Problem solved. (We did this in college so that we could throw beer cans and bottles at the screen during football games. That will solve the breakage problem. Our WII is on a 32 inch CRT (?) TV and is okay, not sure if the WII would benefit from a HDTV.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  3. dailun

dailun Active member

My Wii is on a 46" Samsung using 480p and it looks great!

What does "it looks terrible" mean? Not a very quantitative description.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  4. johnny412

johnny412 Regular member

Its been a long time since we had it on there. Cant remember exactly what it was but i guess it was everything did not look clear and had a bad grainy look. I might not have had it set up right. Anyway, "Santa" got him a 32" Samsung so hopefully it will look better. :)