1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[SkidVid]_XviD titled videos

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by alba1314, Jun 5, 2008.

1. alba1314

alba1314 Member

Hi folks!

I have some avi video clip SkidVid copies by Skirgsk that I have downloaded and would to know how do I go about removing the [SkidVid]_XviD opening titles from the actual avi files to create the video without titles?

Having said that, I have tried to download the avi files elsewhere in their purity without success and am most thankful to Skirgsk for providing these 'branded' files.

Can anyone please help or advise me in any way in the process of removing the 'branding'??

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. alba1314

alba1314 Member

Thanks attar for your help and advice. The image should be a big help too!

I've opted for the latest stable version of VirtualDub rather than the promoted beta version at the link you supplied, but I'm certain the same procedure should apply.

Again, my thanks and I'll post back the results later of my progress.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  4. alba1314

alba1314 Member

Thanks attar for the directions you gave which I followed exactly as you laid out. However, I had to use this method Click 'Edit' 'Delete' instead of the Click 'Edit' 'Cut' instructions you gave to successfully edit the avi clip without Skirgsk's titles. All your other steps were correct and pointed me to where I needed to head to get a successful edit.

Just to lay out the procedure I went through to obtain deletion of titles for others:

Click on 1 until you get to the first frame you want to keep, then click on 2 to mark the cut.

On the top Menu bar:
    Click 'Edit' 'Delete'
    Click 'Video' 'Direct Stream Copy'
    Click 'File' 'Save as AVI'

Again,attar, my thanks for your help and guidance.

5. attar

attar Senior member

Okey-dokey.