1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skipping after burning

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by john0004, Jan 1, 2005.

1. john0004

john0004 Member

After burning to my DVD from HD. When playing the DVD I get lots of skipping, some chopping. HOw can this be avoided/cleaned.
    Secondly, any other quick click programs to burn my video files to DVD drive. Nero DEMO ran out.Any freebies out there.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Skipping and jumping playback is usually caused by poor quality blank media. You didn't much information so this is just a guess. Try burning at a slower speed to help.

As to the a free program, I think you are looking for one to convert files like AVI to dvd. If this is the case, try this.

http://www.dvdsanta.com.

Jerry

3. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

At what speed do you burn your DVD Videos ?

If you burn at 2x / 4x MAX you will get better results !

I know it helped me !

4. GAZburner

GAZburner Guest

Hi John004.,

I tried dozens of different media because I had the same trouble you do ... finally settled on RITEK blank discs and have backed up hundreds since with no real problem. I also use nero express (which sometimes will automatically set burn speed to the fastest but you can change it)... dropped my burn speed to 2speed from 4speed ... and no problem since.