1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skipping & Pixelation

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by BuddyOne, Apr 18, 2005.

1. BuddyOne

BuddyOne Member

Skipping & Pixelation always happens on the last 10 or 5 minutes of the movies I burnt on both Imation CD-R disc using my newly bought Dvd Copy Plus software. This doesn't happen to me using other similar softwares. Any thought why this is happening?

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Skipping, freezing and pixellation is usually caused by the media you are using, in this case Imation is not considered good quality media. Try burning at a lower rate and no higher than 4x, even lower if you are going to use these disks. Since it is happening at the end of the movie try setting you target size lower say about 4300, because you are running to near the edge where the dye is not good. Buy better quality disks such as Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden, Maxell, or Sony. I would try free programs such as DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink to burn with, guides are available at

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005
  3. BuddyOne

BuddyOne Member

Thanks. The website was very helpful. I'll try other media and do some adjustments in speed.

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Hope this works for you, happy burning